Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flight cancelled 3 months out? Southwest will rebook you for worst alternative!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled 3 months out? Southwest will rebook you for worst alternative!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I have my own experiance. I have flown 25-50 flights a year for about 30 years. Over that time I have generally flown a single airline for a time, that has included several different airlines I have flown Southwest mostly for the last 5-6 years I have not had any significant schedule changes. I think this is because Southwest releases their schedule in relatively short increments and changes the schedule when they do that. On previous airlines that happened far more often, sometimes only a few minutes schedule change sometimes a few hours, occasionally a flight was cancelled. This does not include IROPs.
This. If I book a UA or AA itin many months in advance, it's almost guaranteed that it'll move around a bit. In fact, I assume it will - and have used 1+ hour changes to my advantage to phone the web support line and get rebooked to something I would have rather had to begin with. @:-)

With Southwest I almost never see a schedule change, even when I book a 6-month-out flight fairly close to when the schedule was released. Obviously it *does* happen, but I really do believe at a lot lower frequency than with the hub carriers.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by pinniped
This. If I book a UA or AA itin many months in advance, it's almost guaranteed that it'll move around a bit. In fact, I assume it will - and have used 1+ hour changes to my advantage to phone the web support line and get rebooked to something I would have rather had to begin with. @:-)

With Southwest I almost never see a schedule change, even when I book a 6-month-out flight fairly close to when the schedule was released. Obviously it *does* happen, but I really do believe at a lot lower frequency than with the hub carriers.
I can't remember the last time I booked a DL flight months out and didn't have a schedule change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.