Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

companion pass expires at year end, but itinerary is before and after end of year

companion pass expires at year end, but itinerary is before and after end of year

Old Aug 6, 18, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN Platinum

I have an itinerary where the departure is before 12/31, and the return is after that. My companion pass expires 12/31 as of now. I'm unable to book the companion pass online as normal, I'm assuming because the return is after 12/31.

What's the most elegant / best way to handle this scenario? I'm hoping to get companion pass after 12/31, but it may be close this year, and I may not know for sure until close to year end if I'll requalify for companion pass next year.
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:00 pm

If you have the points to book the companion's 2019 trip on points, that would be the way to go. Then if you get CP, change it to a CP booking. And as is generally the advice here, book the trip as one-ways, and the outbound CP wouldn't be a problem.
Old Aug 6, 18, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus View Post
I have an itinerary where the departure is before 12/31, and the return is after that. My companion pass expires 12/31 as of now. I'm unable to book the companion pass online as normal, I'm assuming because the return is after 12/31.

What's the most elegant / best way to handle this scenario? I'm hoping to get companion pass after 12/31, but it may be close this year, and I may not know for sure until close to year end if I'll requalify for companion pass next year.
Book two one-way flights.
flyer4512 and alggag like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: