Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Another dumb SW move - Cancelling flights no longer displays points amount to refund

Another dumb SW move - Cancelling flights no longer displays points amount to refund

Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Anyone else notice the latest nugget when trying to cancel a flight? Previously if I wanted to cancel a points flight, it would show the dollar amount refundable (or not) and the points to be refunded... all showing this BEFORE confirming the cancellation. Now when you try to cancel a flight, it won't show the amount of points to cancel until AFTER you cancel the flight. I used to always check what I paid in points for a flight by trying to cancel it, great for determining if pricing down flights was an option.

I asked SW about this, they said it was done "in security" because a person who might have been gifted a flight can look up what you paid. Of course if they actually cancel the flight themselves, they will still know what was paid so not sure why security is then no longer an issue.

I asked them how can I check how much I paid for a flight, they said look at the RR activity page. Absolute bonehead move on SW's part. I tried looking up the points on a flight I booked, had to scroll to the SEVENTH page to get this info. And they think this is OK? Yes I keep an excel spreadsheet, but sometimes I make an error or forget to update a flight.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I get the email receipts, so if I need to look it up, I just search my email for the reservation # and it shows what I paid. Seems to be easier way, no?
winston vickers likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.