Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Opinions on the new Rapid Rewards Priority credit card ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What do you think of the value of the Rapid Rewards Priority credit card offer?
Best deal for me of any current credit card offer
10.71%
Better deal than the other non-business Southwest credit cards
60.71%
About the same value as other non-business Southwest credit cards
14.29%
Worse value than other non-business Southwest credit cards
3.57%
I'm just not interested in Southwest credit cards, period
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:40 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

As our moderator ftnoob has posted, Southwest has announced a new credit card called Rapid Rewards Priority:

Originally Posted by ftnoob
It's now possible to earn 87,500 points relatively easily with a single RR Visa Card, the "Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card." You can earn:
- 40,000 points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months from account opening;
- 25,000 points after you spend a total of $15,000 within your first year from account opening;
- 7,500 points anniversary bonus.

That's 72,500 bonus points plus at least 15,000 points for spend, so 87,500 points. Of those, 80,000 could count for CP. (The 7,500 anniversary points would almost always be posted in a different calendar year.)

Offer expires 08/22/18.

The card carries an annual fee of $149.

Image capture for when the offer goes away.

Application link.

Additional benefits of this card:

- $75 Southwest annual travel credit.
- Four Upgraded Boardings per year when available.
- 20% back on in-flight drinks, WiFi, messaging, and movies.

BTW, it is still possible to receive 60,000 bonus points for a new Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
I'm curious to read our members' opinions of this offering. I imagine that your opinion will depend on whether you have A-list status (making the upgraded boarding less valuable to you), whether you easily qualify for Companion Pass without credit card points, and whether you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which out-earns other cards on travel spending.

Don't forget to vote in the poll.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by nsx
I imagine that your opinion will depend on whether you have A-list status (making the upgraded boarding less valuable to you).
A+ and A List customers will now board behind Chase credit card holders. I can't think of any other airline that gives boarding priority to credit card holders ahead of elite customers. On WN it's even a more important consideration.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Tanic
A+ and A List customers will now board behind Chase credit card holders. I can't think of any other airline that gives boarding priority to credit card holders ahead of elite customers. On WN it's even a more important consideration.
Not really, anyone can buy these upgrade positions, the credit card just means you've essentially prepaid for 4 of them each year.
roundtree and B3nder like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
Not really, anyone can buy these upgrade positions, the credit card just means you've essentially prepaid for 4 of them each year.
Not that many people cough up 40 bucks for A15. It will get taken as a Chase "benefit" further diluting the usefulness of A List and EBCI.
ursine1 and steved5480 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.