Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D’Oh Companion Pass Sold Out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

D’Oh Companion Pass Sold Out

Well, thats a first, booked the paid flight, then attempted to add the companion, and received a message that the flight was sold out.

I am not too worried about it, Ill keep checking. Hopefully it opens up. I kind of think its funny

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Jul 18, 2018 at 8:05 am
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:32 pm

Keep checking, 95% chance a seat opens up. I once was at the airport with my son before a seat opened up.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Went through this earlier this year. Forgot to add companion until the day before. Did a search here and found that the common response is what you are doing. Keep checking. Somebody will cancel. Once I was within 24 hours, I booked a backup flight on another airline knowing I could cancel without charge within 24 hours. A seat did open up and I grabbed it ASAP. Keep in mind, there may be somebody else trying to do the same thing. Check OFTEN.

The best part of companion fare is that ANY seat can be yours. Most of those companion certificates that other airlines have often only work with certain fare buckets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.