FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Southwest Will Stop Serving Peanuts August 1st (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1919063-southwest-will-stop-serving-peanuts-august-1st.html)

DCP2016 Jul 9, 2018 4:51 pm

Southwest Will Stop Serving Peanuts August 1st

1 Attachment(s)
Well it's the final nail in the coffin for me to see the airline go downhill, while I will not "never fly WN again" I will also not actively book them if the competition is cheaper.

kennycrudup Jul 9, 2018 5:44 pm

WHAT?!

Guess I'll be bringing my own, then. Only low-carb snack they have!

lougord99 Jul 9, 2018 6:07 pm

Noooooooo

Often1 Jul 9, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup (Post 29956213)
WHAT?!

Guess I'll be bringing my own, then. Only low-carb snack they have!

The whole thing is foolish pandering. Unless they scrub the passenger cabin, including the seatback pockets between flights and then check to make sure that passengers don't bring them onboard, WN is doing nothing for a person with an allergy other than giving false comfort.

ktenorman Jul 9, 2018 7:10 pm

I personally will finally feel comfortable flying WN after this. There is a big difference between 100+ bags of peanuts being opened all at once on six flights a day and a few people bringing peanuts on.

NextTrip Jul 9, 2018 7:13 pm

Muh. If I want peanuts, I'll bring my own.

sdsearch Jul 9, 2018 7:32 pm

Will they have a replacement for peanuts, or are they simply discontinuing them with no replacement? :confused:

DCP2016 Jul 9, 2018 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 29956483)
Will they have a replacement for peanuts, or are they simply discontinuing them with no replacement? :confused:

According to one rep, the usual Nabisco snacks will be served mid/long haul like usual and it will just be pretzels offered on short haul until the year end when they will consider a replacement for the peanuts.

garykung Jul 9, 2018 7:53 pm

If WN offers alternative snacks, then it is a safety precaution for allergy.

Otherwise - it is an enhancement.

Troopers Jul 9, 2018 7:57 pm

About time!

NoStressHere Jul 9, 2018 8:09 pm

I guess they have to bow to the masses - or should I say the few that have these issues. And yes, I do feel for them.

Sadly, this was the only healthy option. Everything else is processed crap which is killing us slowly. Unlike a peanut response, we do not know it is happening until the Doctor gives us the big "C" discussion. Or obesity, etc.

ryw Jul 9, 2018 8:16 pm

As long as they still serve pretzels on the short flights, I'll be content.

Of course, I'll miss our annual discussions on honey roasted vs. lightly salted peanuts!

ne52 Jul 9, 2018 8:39 pm

Meh... The packs have become so small that I think I counted 12 total peanuts in the bag last time.

Michael El Jul 9, 2018 8:50 pm

Only had pretzels on my flight today.

expert7700 Jul 9, 2018 8:54 pm

naybe moving to macademia nut, almond?

/I wrote them as singular on purpose...

ONE wrapped almond (about the same amount as in a quart of almond milk)

or ONE wrapped macacemia nut. perfect for the upcoming hawaii flights.