Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to transfer Chase UR to my wife's account, who is not an AU?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

As the title says, I know that Chase rule states that you can only transfer UR to SW if my wife is an AU, but if she isn't, but has my last name and address, can it work anyway? Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
As the title says, I know that Chase rule states that you can only transfer UR to SW if my wife is an AU, but if she isn't, but has my last name and address, can it work anyway? Thanks!
Any reason you can't just put them in your account and book whatever tickets you need from there?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by justhere
Any reason you can't just put them in your account and book whatever tickets you need from there?
I'm guessing adding as AU still counts as a new account, therefore counts towards 5/24 rule. Should be avoided if wife is still below and planning to get some Chase cards in near future.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Chase is cracking down hard on people now.

I wouldn’t do anything even slightly outside the rules or likely to draw attention.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justhere
5/24 as someone said. Also trying to extend expiring SW miles for wife, expiring next month.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:45 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Don't do it. Use the shopping portal to buy a $1 sprinkler head from Home Depot for store pickup. That will keep her points alive.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
Don't do it. Use the shopping portal to buy a $1 sprinkler head from Home Depot for store pickup. That will keep her points alive.
Thanks nsx, did just that. Is there any notification, or just sit and wait?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:02 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
Thanks nsx, did just that. Is there any notification, or just sit and wait?
I *think* there's a status display in the shopping portal which will show the pending transaction within a couple days. Points usually post within a week but there is no specific notification.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
You can transfer between husband and wife, with the right cards. It gets a bit tricky - google will help.

As to WHY -that might help. Might not be the smartest thing to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.