Wiki Posts
Search

LAX/DEN for $27 to $45 ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

LAX/DEN for $27 to $45 ?

know WN will load flights beyond 6 January at end of June.

For JAN/FEB flights in 2018, WN regularly had $27 to $45 fares for nonstops LAX/DEN, but can't remember if these specials were as soon as loaded or later.

Can anyone remember ?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:11 am

I'm afraid I don't remember =( What I do remember is that they were available closer to travel than I'm used to for many other routes. I was able to change my flights for almost free just a few days before the flights.

Rates like that are, in my experience, more likely to be matches to other airlines than straight WN pricing. How are the prices looking on competitors
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:04 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by synergistic
Rates like that are, in my experience, more likely to be matches to other airlines than straight WN pricing.
Right. Those are fare wars, almost never planned ahead or advertised.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Last December I got a same-day DEN-LAX flight for 45$ all in. The price was 40$ in the morning but jumped to 45$ by noon when I booked it. I flew the very same evening.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm afraid I don't remember =( What I do remember is that they were available closer to travel than I'm used to for many other routes. I was able to change my flights for almost free just a few days before the flights.

Rates like that are, in my experience, more likely to be matches to other airlines than straight WN pricing. How are the prices looking on competitors
I suspect it's a match as NK currently has some dates with $27 fares on this route for it's $9 fare club members. Looks to be limited to Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The fares only extend out to early Sep, so I wouldn't expect to see them on WN for later dates. F9 is selling $53 fares for "Discount Den" members.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 21, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
DAL-DEN can also be a deal at times, right now though lowest I see if $54 on WN
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Did a couple of DEN-LAX / LAX-DEN segments last Nov/Dec for $26.98 all-in each way. I believe WN was matching an NK sale on the route. These types of fares are usually not available the day the schedule opens and instead appear later on based on competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.