Wiki Posts
Search

group travel phone # hold time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
group travel phone # hold time

I have to vent a little bit. I got up super early to book group travel this morning for March since schedules were released. I called in on my land line right at 5:00. Got put on hold, like I expected. After about 30 minutes and the message saying that fares were only available until March 6, I decided to try calling in from my cell phone. That time it gave me an option for a call back. I decided to go ahead and take that on my cell phone and stay on hold from my land line. About 35 minutes later, I get a call back on my cell phone. It was a recording asking if I was on the line to press 1. So I did and then hung up from my other line that had been on hold for over an hour. Big mistake. As soon as I hung up the first line, the cell line went to the same hold music. I have been on hold there for 20 minutes and counting. Why even call me back if there wasn't somebody available?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Because it's WN. It's state-of-the-art IT if you live in 2005.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
And I have seen the fares double for our preferred dates. Still hope that either our second or third choice stays close to $400. Otherwise, it will be plan B for the senior class trip and likely have to take a bus somewhere different. Yuck.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:58 am

Unfortunately, the Group Travel department is understaffed, and hold times on schedule release days are notoriously long. Dealing with the annoyance is basically a trade off for the benefits of Group Travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.