Missing or delayed CC points posting

Old May 23, 18, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Missing or delayed CC points posting

The new statement date on my Chase RR Visa was two days ago, but instead of earned points being posted to my RR account, the account activity shows -0- points earned. The previous balance was paid in full by/before due date, as usual, and I confirmed that payment to Chase was indeed processed in a timely manner. The points should have been credited, by now, using past history as an indicator. Looking back 12 months, the points always have posted on the same day of the month, which has now passed.

Has anyone else recently experienced this?
Old May 23, 18, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
The new statement date on my Chase RR Visa was two days ago, but instead of earned points being posted to my RR account, the account activity shows -0- points earned. The previous balance was paid in full by/before due date, as usual, and I confirmed that payment to Chase was indeed processed in a timely manner. The points should have been credited, by now, using past history as an indicator. Looking back 12 months, the points always have posted on the same day of the month, which has now passed.

I once did a multi-year look at this. Always on the same day of month unless impacted 1-2 days late, but that was invariably due to a weekend and/or holiday. Was pretty predictable.

Have not looked in a year probably.
Old May 23, 18, 8:47 am

Payment has nothing to do with your points posting, fyi.

My points seem to be delayed this month. Statement closed on the 20th, usually post on the 21st or 22nd, nothing yet. For what it's worth.
Old May 23, 18, 9:41 am

My points usually post around the same date, but it seems to fluctuate a bit. A call would not hurt, but in my experience Chase nor WN have clear answers about reasons for delay or problems with points posting.
Old May 23, 18, 9:59 am

Programs: WN A & CP, AA EXP, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by maybebehindyou View Post
My points usually post around the same date, but it seems to fluctuate a bit. A call would not hurt, but in my experience Chase nor WN have clear answers about reasons for delay or problems with points posting.
My points last month were delayed about a week from when they normally post.

A call to Chase and to Southwest revealed that they have up to 30 days to get the points posted. Both told me to just wait it out.

And both the TQPs and the normal points posted within a week.
Old May 23, 18, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post

As long as the statement shows points you will get them
Old May 23, 18, 5:33 pm

Programs: WN A & CP, AA EXP, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
As long as the statement shows points you will get them

​​​​​​​ This.
Old May 23, 18, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Update: About four hours after sending SM to Chase regarding -0- points posting to my RR account, instead of the actual earned points from the last statement, the points miraculously appeared. The points were a separate entry, dated today.

BTW, I only have one RR Visa account, so the first posting was not from another card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: