Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO Free Drink Tickets Noon Today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
MCO Free Drink Tickets Noon Today

So here is the deal. I land at MCO at 11:30 this morning. I have a little over 20 drink tickets that expire May 1 (so five days away). Anyone want them that can use them? I tried to buy rounds on my inbound flight but no one was very excited but it was a morning flight. Totally free, no strings. Okay fine, the only string is I'm not gonna hang around the airport to meet so if you're there or will be by 11:45, let me know. Just would like to know they go to a "good" home as opposed to the trash.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Good luck, maybe if that flight was going to LAS you would have had better luck buying rounds
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Ha. Checking the next departing LAS flight I did but that's this evening. Will throw them in seatback if no one claims by the time I deplane. It does look like that flight is going to Louisville and then to Vegas so hopefully they find a good home before a FA snatches them. Side note WN wifi is ungodly slow.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Official count is 28 tickets. Sticking them in seatpocket of 12B. PHL-MCO was inbound d flight parked at gate 125 with WN295 the current scheduled takeover flight.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: none
OP, Compliments to you for making such a nice offer. Thank you.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
When I have drink tickets to give away, I go to the airport bar and offer them. No problem getting takers there.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dlaue
When I have drink tickets to give away, I go to the airport bar and offer them. No problem getting takers there.
Yah, if I had planned it better and more importantly flown WN more often in the last year then I wouldn't have had this issue. I was holding a "reserve" as I was going to LAS May 1 but had to cancel because of some work stuff got in the way. This was from the class action where I got about 70 coupons and while I like the booze I did my best to buy all my neighbors some rounds a few extra coupons on the next trip on all my flights. My best trip I handed out about 20 on a trip to LAS but the FA got pissy and said I was "cut off" after two drinks which almost started a plane rebellion but that's a whole separate thread. Fine line between being nice and being some weirdo giving "free" drinks and perfect timing since I was flying back from PHL with the Cosby verdict yesterday. I'd be lying if I wasn't hoping some FT'er would have found this Easter egg and confirm but since no one did I'll just optimistically hope some non FT'er found em before WN cleaning crew does and they couldn't be miracle pre-boarder since i slid em in the exit row.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:03 pm

Wow, I've never been cut off on a plane, and I usually order doubles. The FLL-LAS attendants the other day were angels and served us far more than I expected them to. We'd given out a few coupons during boarding and many more during the flight.

I'd have been kind of torqued in your shoes, mostly because there would be absolutely nothing I could do about it =/

Last edited by synergistic; Apr 27, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I've got at least 60 more than I intended to giveaway here but life got in the way this month. I just sent a friend off with a sheet this morning, his return is post May 1 and I asked him to "try" one then.

Probably got 100 and sadly haven't been a on plane since receipt. I think I will mail them in with a plea for replacement just for giggles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.