Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a CP fly if the base ticket no shows?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
There is some missing logic here. Letting the companion fly free is still the companion. It is still limited to ONE SPECIFIC person. There is no "Friends" involved at all. Nobody asked about letting a friend fly. One person BOUGHT a ticket, and was going to still PAY for the ticket even if they did not fly. The legitimate companion still wanted to fly.
We aren't expected to agree with every rule WN has, but if you use the service you are still bound by the rules you agreed to. Otherwise, there are other airlines available.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:09 pm

I actually don't really see why WN would care all that much if the CP holder didn't fly, if their systems could make sure not to give the funds back. I mean, I'm sure they'd prefer to sell the companion a walk up fare instead, but I feel like it's gotta be a rareish use case. If the primary passenger didn't actually expect to fly, you'd figure most people would just book the companion their own flight initially instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.