Check in T-24

Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Check in T-24

We always by EBCI but we are taking our kids and their wives on vacation with us and since my wife will be at her computer @ T-24 figured we would try it without EBCI.

I see all of the reservations when I log into any of the kids WN accounts so I'm guessing I can check all 4 people in from the same account a T-24.

T-24 is at 8am Thursday, if my wife is logged into an account before 8 am will the option to check in appear at 8 am or does she have to refresh the page and or logout/ back in ?

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Just stay on the main page while logged in. Once it's 8:00 click on the flight and it will give you an option to check in. Don't know if that will work for everyone though. We usually have to check in individually.
flyer4512 likes this.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Apr 6, 2018 at 10:05 pm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Just stay on the main page while logged in. Once it's 8:00 click on the flight and it will give you an option to check in. Don't know if that will work for everyone though. We usually have to check in individually.

Thanks, we made the reservation for 4 people so when we log in to any of the accounts and click the flight we see all 4 names and they all have the same confirmation number
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Thanks, we made the reservation for 4 people so when we log in to any of the accounts and click the flight we see all 4 names and they all have the same confirmation number
You may be alright with the same number. Since it is only me and a companion, we always have two. I'm sure someone else will chime in and let you know
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
You may be alright with the same number. Since it is only me and a companion, we always have two. I'm sure someone else will chime in and let you know
Yes for our reservations which are always one plus companion we have check in via each account but we also have 2 different confirmation numbers

I guess we'll find out, thanks
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:32 pm

It has been a couple months since I last did this, but in my experience, checking in one passenger on a multi passenger reservation has gotten the other passengers on the same confirnation number checked in at the same time along with sequential boarding positions.

​​​​​​
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Yes for our reservations which are always one plus companion we have check in via each account but we also have 2 different confirmation numbers

I guess we'll find out, thanks
Open a separate browser window for each PNR a few minutes before T-24.

At T-24, check in the first one, then shift windows and check in the second. I always check a child in first.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
If you are all on the same confirmation number, you can all check in together. You can go to the check in page and fill in the confirmation number and name, then hit the check in button once it is 8:00.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:55 am

Is there a box next to each name that needs to be checked?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by rove312
Is there a box next to each name that needs to be checked?
I honestly don't remember, but I don't think so. I checked three of us in on the same reservation on the app a couple of weeks ago, and I don't remember having to check anything on the second page. I was just focused on hitting that next check in button asap to get checked in.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:41 pm

Just checked in a multi passenger itinerary (same confirmation number) for the first time in a few months.

I had two family members on a reservation with one confirmation number. Checked in with one of their names and the shared confirmation number, and it checked both in without me needing to check any boxes or do anything extra. Boarding numbers were sequential.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Open a separate browser window for each PNR a few minutes before T-24.

At T-24, check in the first one, then shift windows and check in the second. I always check a child in first.
I thought WN gives priority boarding to families with children? If that's the case why check a child in first?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Children 6 and under
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG

I thought WN gives priority boarding to families with children? If that's the case why check a child in first?
Children under 6 and parents can board between A and B other passengers in a family are.supposed to board at their assigned positions.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:34 am

When the tickets were booked at the same time, and everyone is on the same confirmation number, you simply check in under that number for everyone at one time. Just one web browser is needed. As noted, all names will appear. It defaults to checking everyone in; you can unclick any check boxes if you decide for whatever reason you don't want to check everyone in at the same time.

Note: Even checking everyone in at the same time doesn't guarantee the boarding numbers will be in consecutive order; sometimes someone else checking in at the same time manages to get a number in the middle of your numbers. Simply let that person go in front of the group. And you could even have an instance where you'll get boarding numbers A59, A60, B1, B2, in which case you can either all board at the beginning of the B group, or if you have young kids just board at the end of A anyway, since it's really a wash at that point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.