Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extended!! National Double Points Promotion - 4/6/18 to 6/30/18 (was: to 6/13/18)

Extended!! National Double Points Promotion - 4/6/18 to 6/30/18 (was: to 6/13/18)

Old Apr 6, 18, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP

Just saw this via today’s Click ‘N Save email. Email referenced/targeted new members but was able to successfully sign-up for the promo as an existing member.

Earn Double Rapid Rewards Points between April 6 and June 13, 2018.

You can earn double points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® and complete by June 13, 2018! Whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure, you'll get 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away®Fares.

Simply register, book, and travel:
  • Register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
  • Complete your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
Your bonus points will automatically post to your account within four days of completing your entire ticket. Register for this promotion today and watch all of your flights earn double points
Old Apr 6, 18, 6:06 am

Thanks for posting.

I hadn't received a promo offer (other than refer friends for CC, get x points) in a good number of years, and I always check the promotions section in my account when someone posts about a promo here but find nothing. I was surprised this one actually was available to me. It's worth a try for those who usually don't get promos.
Old Apr 6, 18, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This one has a link right from the landing page on my iPhone. No need to check “promotions.”
Old Apr 6, 18, 9:34 am

Got it. Sweet.
Old Apr 6, 18, 11:26 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
This one has a link right from the landing page on my iPhone. No need to check “promotions.”
Yeah, it is right on Southwest's homepage. Right around where the 50K point credit card offer used to be
Old Apr 6, 18, 11:57 am

Great timing. Yesterday (April 5) I booked all of my travel through the end of June. I signed up for the promotion, now I have to decide if I want to go back and cancel all of those flights and rebook them.
Old Apr 6, 18, 4:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
Great timing. Yesterday (April 5) I booked all of my travel through the end of June. I signed up for the promotion, now I have to decide if I want to go back and cancel all of those flights and rebook them.
I did the same thing....i'm wondering if we just make a change to the flight and re-select the same legs if that would satisfy?
Old Apr 6, 18, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by dsokolik View Post
I did the same thing....i'm wondering if we just make a change to the flight and re-select the same legs if that would satisfy?
Nope. Must be new res with new conf #.
Old Apr 6, 18, 10:05 pm

I dont think so you .
Old Apr 10, 18, 6:25 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Nope. Must be new res with new conf #.
Interesting that the language doesn't specify that this time around. It shows that registration must occur prior to travel, but doesn't specify that it must occur prior to purchase. It does state that the ticket must be purchased between April 6th and June 13th.

It just so happens that I purchased a OW flight on April 6th for today and another OW for Friday. According to the fine print it should work!

Now if they only count towards CP.....
Old Apr 10, 18, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by farnlc View Post
Interesting that the language doesn't specify that this time around. It shows that registration must occur prior to travel, but doesn't specify that it must occur prior to purchase. It does state that the ticket must be purchased between April 6th and June 13th.

It just so happens that I purchased a OW flight on April 6th for today and another OW for Friday. According to the fine print it should work!

Now if they only count towards CP.....
I believe it does say you must register before you book your flights.
Old Apr 12, 18, 11:29 am

In general, as we know, for Southwest promotions, you must register prior to booking. But the terms and conditions of this specific promo do not specify that at all.
You can earn double points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® and complete by June 13, 2018! Whether you're traveling for business or for pleasure, you'll get 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.

Your bonus points will automatically post to your account within four days of completing your entire ticket. Register for this promotion today and watch all of your flights earn double points!
"Simply register, book and travel," would seem to imply that those things need to happen in that order. But it doesn't specifically say that.

The next section goes on to confuse, as it would appear that you can register as late as June 13 but book as early as April 6, meaning that it's ok to register post-travel, which we know is not the case. (The last line of the promo, about the points posting automatically within four days of completing the entire ticket, makes it clear that double points won't be posted retroactively after registering post-travel.)

And the full terms and conditions have no requirement that the registration must occur prior to booking either:

Terms and Conditions

Earn Double Rapid Rewards® Points between April 6 and June 13, 2018.
To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of registration. If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may enroll for free. Once you complete the enrollment form, you will be automatically registered for this promotion if all eligibility requirements are met.

Member must register for this promotion between April 6 and June 13, 2018 and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member’s qualifying flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines® between April 6 to June 13, 2018 for travel between April 6 to June 13, 2018. Member’s flight must be completed between April 6 to June 13, 2018. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight to earn double Rapid Rewards points for that flight.

A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.

Travel flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the double points offer.

Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, ten bonus points on Anytime fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification.

Member will receive bonus Rapid Rewards points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. This promotion cannot be combined with any another promotion.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.
Note the sections I've highlighted in blue.

A complete reading of these terms and conditions would seem to indicate that it is not necessary to book travel after registering. There is no requirement stated that you must register prior to booking, only prior to travel. There is no indication that flights must be "new" bookings.

BUT, as we all know from experience, this is not true.

Doesn't Southwest have a team of high-priced lawyers vetting these things?

Old Apr 12, 18, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA scum/0.699MM, WN ALP/CP, Hyatt Diamond, MR/SPG Gold,Hertz PC, National EE, Carlson Silver
Well I'll be testing the register after purchase next week. Booked a flight earlier this week for next week (M-F), found out about the promo today and registered.
ursine1 and Wingrider like this.
Old Apr 13, 18, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
I had a flight on April 8 that I booked several weeks in advance. No bonus points. Not really surprising as the T&Cs do specify, "Book your flights between April 6 and June 13, 2018."
Old Apr 13, 18, 8:48 pm

I registered while on a flight mid air on 4/9/18. I was awarded 48 points per dollar on the business select fare. The only way I can make this make sense is 12x for biz select, 12x for the promo, and then my A List Preferred Status doubling all of it. That's insane, but....

Today (4/13/18) I flew again on a biz select fare. I was awarded 36 points per dollar, which makes more sense - 12x for the fare, 12x for the bonus, and 12x for my A List Preferred Status.

Not sure when my next flight is but we'll find out shortly if the 48x was a fluke, possibly due to registering during the flight itself?
chrismik likes this.

Search this Thread