Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more double dip on Southwest personal credit card signup bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Good luck , if they say you are eligible I would make that spend ASAP
Thanks!

Hell, I'll buy $1000 worth of Southwest giftcards!

I'll report back soon!
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:51 pm

Good way to reduce the number of CP holders who aren't necessarily good WN customers prior to HI service.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Phanto
Thanks!

Hell, I'll buy $1000 worth of Southwest giftcards!

I'll report back soon!

You might want to move the closing date up also depending on when it is, GL
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:05 pm

You might want to move the closing date up also depending on when it is, GL
Just to slide under the radar?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:16 pm

So the way I am interpreting this is if you already own one WN credit card, you can’t get the other and double-dip? I’ll have the CP late next week so I’m covered for all of this year and next year. I’m thinking ahead to 2020. Logically then, the best way to go is to wait until 24 months have passed for BOTH cards, you’ve canceled both obviously, are under 5/24, and you apply for both on the same day. You should get accepted, right? You just can’t apply for one if you are a cardholder of the other.

I’m not concerned about the 50k points cc offer, that will probably come back. I’m just trying to make sure the simultaneous cc offer for both cards will still work.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:40 pm

Just to slide under the radar?

If you applied under a link that has the new language I would say the faster you complete the spend and the points post the better

My wifes 50K card has the old language and I plan on completing the spend ASAP
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by vike16
So the way I am interpreting this is if you already own one WN credit card, you can’t get the other and double-dip? I’ll have the CP late next week so I’m covered for all of this year and next year. I’m thinking ahead to 2020. Logically then, the best way to go is to wait until 24 months have passed for BOTH cards, you’ve canceled both obviously, are under 5/24, and you apply for both on the same day. You should get accepted, right? You just can’t apply for one if you are a cardholder of the other.

I’m not concerned about the 50k points cc offer, that will probably come back. I’m just trying to make sure the simultaneous cc offer for both cards will still work.
Doubtful that simultaneous apps work as if they do by then the bloggers will have made Chase quite aware.

As of now you can still get a SW Business card and ONE personal card to hit CP.

If you are the only person collecting points I would think before basically going card free for 2 years and hoping CP is still available via a bus card and a personal card.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:28 am

The standard credit card point bonus has always been 40,000 points. They've been pretty sweet with the 50,000 point bonus for a while, and every once in a while you see 60,000 points. For them to drop it from 50k to 40k points isn't terribly unexpected.

Originally Posted by nsx
I believe the 2 personal card deal would still be alive if the credit card pimps had not flogged it like a rented mule for the past several years, to mix metaphors. They made their money for a while and we permanently lost our one remaining reasonable path to CP.
If you said months, I'd agree with you. But since this has been ongoing for years, it's very surprising it's lasted this long. If you didn't want it known, why wasn't the thread that pertained to the bonuses shut down?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:24 am

If you applied under a link that has the new language I would say the faster you complete the spend and the points post the better

My wifes 50K card has the old language and I plan on completing the spend ASAP
CONFIRMED! I have until July 29th to meet the min spend! WhooHooo!!

I hope this works out for others as well!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:01 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by vike16
Logically then, the best way to go is to wait until 24 months have passed for BOTH cards, you’ve canceled both obviously, are under 5/24, and you apply for both on the same day. You should get accepted, right?
Applying for 2 Chase cards on the same day is a known triggering factor for review and possible shutdown of all your Chase cards.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Applying for 2 Chase cards on the same day is a known triggering factor for review and possible shutdown of all your Chase cards.
I’ve done this both times I’ve gone for the Southwest cards, once this year and once 2 years ago, passed with flying colors both times. Of course, I had no Chase cards for them to shut down. YMMV. Hopefully they change their policy by 2020.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:35 pm

CONFIRMED! I have until July 29th to meet the min spend! WhooHooo!!

I hope this works out for others as well!

Same for my wife. First statement closes May 2 so we'll see for sure then. Does your reply form Chase have the same wording ?

Further, we reviewed your credit card account and
confirmed that the offer you inquired about is:
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in
purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- You need to meet the spending threshold by July 29,

Once you meet them, however, you're eligible for the bonus
as long as:
- You haven't received a new cardmember bonus on this
account in the past 24 months.
- Your account is open and not in default when we post the
bonus.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:04 pm

Same for my wife. First statement closes May 2 so we'll see for sure then. Does your reply form Chase have the same wording ?

Further, we reviewed your credit card account and
confirmed that the offer you inquired about is:
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in
purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
- You need to meet the spending threshold by July 29,

Once you meet them, however, you're eligible for the bonus
as long as:
- You haven't received a new cardmember bonus on this
account in the past 24 months.
- Your account is open and not in default when we post the
bonus.
No, the response I got did not have that additional language, sorry

You can be sure I made triplicate copies of their message, no getting out of that!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:39 pm

No, the response I got did not have that additional language, sorry

You can be sure I made triplicate copies of their message, no getting out of that!
Then you should be good to go................the message will stay in your account for a few months I believe
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:28 pm

Then you should be good to go................the message will stay in your account for a few months I believe
Yeah, I think I'm totally fine.. And I have screenshots!

I wonder how many others there were that had one of the cards and got the other yesterday that will get the bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.