FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   What did I pay (points) for that flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1900985-what-did-i-pay-points-flight.html)

pkerr Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

What did I pay (points) for that flight?

Is there a way to see what I paid in points for a flight that has been booked after the fact?
For instance if SWA is having a sale and I booked my ticket a month ago I need to see if the fare has gone down. Any (easy) way to do it?
Thanks

mile ho Mar 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Check your email and I believe it will be on there. They have been making it harder to find, I believe, because they don't really want you to re-fare. :)

wetrat0 Mar 27, 2018 3:01 pm

In the e-mail receipt, under "Cost and Payment Summary".

You will see "Payment Information
Payment Type: <Number of Points> Rapid Rewards Points <RR Number>"

pkerr Mar 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by mile ho (Post 29574063)
Check your email and I believe it will be on there. They have been making it harder to find, I believe, because they don't really want you to re-fare. :)

The total is there but not for each leg.
What i typically do is resend the e-mail to myself with the breakdown of each flight but if I forget to do that then I was wondering of an alternative method.
Thanks

flyer4512 Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Go to account and recent activity. Personally I make a list as we often have 4 or 5 flights booked

flyer4512 Mar 27, 2018 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29574028)
Is there a way to see what I paid in points for a flight that has been booked after the fact?
For instance if SWA is having a sale and I booked my ticket a month ago I need to see if the fare has gone down. Any (easy) way to do it?
Thanks

Picture removed

pkerr Mar 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. List above is nice for what was paid for a RT but not to much help if I'm trying to figure out one leg.

pinniped Mar 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Well-timed on that CC signup. ^

flyer4512 Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29574257)
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. List above is nice for what was paid for a RT but not to much help if I'm trying to figure out one leg.

You should only be booking one way flights like I do.................

pkerr Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 29574295)
You should only be booking one way flights like I do.................

Good point...

Cledaybuck Mar 27, 2018 7:16 pm

I believe it will tell you when you go to refare before you confirm.

pkerr Mar 28, 2018 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck (Post 29574749)
I believe it will tell you when you go to refare before you confirm.

True but I'd have to refare every single flight to see if there were any changes. I could be a very time consuming task if I had a lot of flights.

NextTrip Mar 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr (Post 29574072)
The total is there but not for each leg.
What i typically do is resend the e-mail to myself with the breakdown of each flight but if I forget to do that then I was wondering of an alternative method.
Thanks

That's yet another reason to book flights as one-way, rather than roundtrip.

johnsontrio Mar 28, 2018 3:19 pm

With multiple flights booked into the future for myself and family members this can be hard to keep track of. I keep a ledger book next to my computer and record any flights booked, the date, destination, which flight number I booked (sometimes with frequent flight times can't immediately recall which departure I booked) what dollar or point amount at which I booked. I book everything one way. When I check repricing it makes it very easy. After calling to get the credit I record the travel fund amount to be used and have a column to record when it is used as well. This system makes it very easy to manage flights for 5 people. Hope that helps.

ftnoob Apr 2, 2018 11:37 pm

You could have CS&S split all your RTs into separate OWs. New Email confirmations would tell you how many points were paid in each direction.