Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Emotional support dog injures young girl on Southwest flight

Old Feb 24, 18, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond

(lights fuse, throws, runs away)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/em...ght-2018-02-22
Old Feb 24, 18, 1:35 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
As a dog lover who travels all over with my sidekick I do not understand why there cannot be a requirement for service and therapy animals to have a legit certification to exempt them from just being a "pet" that would otherwise be prohibited. My mother has a therapy dog that went through certification, there is certification for actual service animals. There are training and behavior minimums that must be met to pass current certification.

Why is society so PC that we can no longer ask for proof if you need an exemption from the rules for accommodation?
Old Feb 24, 18, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I hope the parents of the little girl sue the pet owner and/or Southwest.
Old Feb 24, 18, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider View Post
The incident is already under discussion.

Same landing page, a couple threads down.
Old Feb 24, 18, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PAX62 View Post
As a dog lover who travels all over with my sidekick I do not understand why there cannot be a requirement for service and therapy animals to have a legit certification to exempt them from just being a "pet" that would otherwise be prohibited. My mother has a therapy dog that went through certification, there is certification for actual service animals. There are training and behavior minimums that must be met to pass current certification.

Why is society so PC that we can no longer ask for proof if you need an exemption from the rules for accommodation?
Why bother? Because you don't need to go to a physical medical professional, which even then includes *any* medical professional. There are plenty off online sites to supply the proof. This one says 'within 48 hours':
https://www.certapet.com/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: