Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby List Order now shows in App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Standby List Order now shows in App

Maybe this has always been there but I just noticed this today when trying for a standby on an earlier flight today. The SWA app on the iPhone alerted me that I was on the standby for the earlier flight and what my number was on the list was. Has this always been there?

Waitlist order

Homepage in app
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:30 pm

It's been live for a few weeks now, and right now limited to 13 cities for the test. Should roll out to more soon.

And for now, you have to be at the airport to check it. Once again hopefully opened up more as it rolls out.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Has anyone seen this on Android? And is there a list of the trial cities?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 pm

atl
bwi
dal
den
hou
las
lax
mdw
oak
phx
san
sat
sfo

You have to be flying between any of these cities to see it. Won't be an issue when the test is rolled out to all stations.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
You have to be flying between any of these cities to see it.
So, I won't see it if I'm going SJC-SAN for example?

Last edited by kennycrudup; Feb 27, 2018 at 2:55 pm Reason: had the cities reversed
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:49 am

Testing went well enough so they've turned it live to all cities as of today.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:42 am

Anyone seen this on Android yet?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
So, I won't see it if I'm going SJC-SAN for example?
Correct, during the test only worked if you were flying between two test cities such as DAL-SAT.

But as the user above pointed out, as of today all stations are live! Still only works in the area around the airport.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:06 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Yup, can confirm that I can see it right now at a station that wasn't one of the initial test sites. You do need to allow the app to use your location though (in case you're like me and disable the app location by default). One nit pick downside is that it doesn't seem like there's an automatic refresh, or pull down to refresh ability on the standby list - you have to close the standby list page then re-open it again .[EDIT - I was wrong on that, you can pull down to refresh]. But I'm just glad that it's finally part of the app now! I feel more comfortable walking around the terminal while waiting to see if I clear or not. (Also pleasantly surprised to see a Southwest IT "improvement" that so far seems to be working!)
steved5480 likes this.

Last edited by ryw; Feb 28, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by ryw
(Also pleasantly surprised to see a Southwest IT "improvement" that so far seems to be working!)
Utterly shocked that a non revenue generating IT enhancement made it to the top of the production list so fast! My only guess is great pressure from the employee union so standby-ers would stop pestering the gate agents repeatedly...
ursine1 and dc2 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:19 pm

It was actually made for revenue passengers, but extended to non-rev customers as well since overall it is the same standby list.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:27 am

One more update - It was announced today that access to the mobile standby list is now available from any location, not just at the airport.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:39 am

Yeah, I was able to use it SNA-SJC Sunday. Too bad everybody had the nerve to actually show up for the flights I was trying to get on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.