FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Targeted offer: Fly 3 RTs by April 2018, get A-list status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1891122-targeted-offer-fly-3-rts-april-2018-get-list-status.html)

Shombolar Jan 29, 2018 11:59 am

Targeted offer: Fly 3 RTs by April 2018, get A-list status

Did anyone else get this offer this morning? I have two RTs between now and April already booked on points, and I'm considering rebooking them as revenue fares.

I know WN offered something similar to California residents last year for specific reasons, but I live in Louisiana — not sure the motivation for the offer here. Any insight, or is this being rolled out to everyone?

Only the Rapid Rewards® Member (Member Name, Rapid Rewards #xxxxxxxxxx) who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. To earn promotional A-List status through December 31, 2018, Member must register for this promotion between January 29, 2018 and April 30, 2018, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. After completion of registration, Member must and either 1) book and complete three qualifying round trip (or six one-way) revenue flights between January 29, 2018 and April 30, 2018, or 2) earn 8,750 from revenue flights booked and flown between January 29, 2018 and April 30, 2018. A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest® from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest. A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period only.

figment7 Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm

I received the offer as well. I was expecting this as falling like 3 segments short last year. Were you close last year? They seem to do this yearly.

tanfox Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pm

I received this promo, too. I made it last year, not sure about this year.

NoStressHere Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Wow.

We have 5 segments already booked this year and would jump on this. Wish we were targeted

synergistic Jan 29, 2018 2:38 pm

I got TWO of these offers last year - the second one gave me the option of earning status through the end of 2018 if I did ten segments instead of just six. Well worth it, imo, specially since they've added free standby as a perk. I'm also really bad about checking in on time, so it's nice to not have to worry about that anymore. I don't know why they offered it, I wouldn't give it to any CP holders if I were them, but I remain grateful just the same. Sadly, they did not offer this to my companion, but I'll cross my fingers for him to get the two year version later in the year. Realistically, one is enough to have 100% success getting an aisle and middle together.

msglsmo Jan 30, 2018 6:16 am

I received the offer as well, here in Missouri. I've flown once with WN this month and have two more trips booked. I only flew once with WN last year, travelling mostly on Delta.

joshua362 Jan 30, 2018 6:49 am

Got it too, maybe a different flavor, immediately A List status through 4/30/18 & can extend to 12/31/18 with 3 RT's.

Went from AL+ for many years ending 2016 to nothing in 2017 with only one points RT. Too bad really can't use anymore.

A-List Experience You have A-List status through April.

2018 A-List Experience

Thank you for registering. Fly as an A-Lister today!

realjoenorth Jan 30, 2018 8:58 am

Have yet to get it just yet, granted I'm just starting off on the Miles and A-List game, personally. Would be nice to get that offer though!
Three flights in with them, with an RT to ATL coming up next week.

Ceres Jan 30, 2018 8:28 pm

I got the offer. Fell off A list this year as I had accumulated a ship load of points. Flew probably only half a dozen paid flights last year but spent A few hundred thousand pts. flying.

Seems to me like a no brainer. Not sure what would be best. One BS round trip to get the 8750 points. Or spend a weekend flying a bunch of short pops. Any suggestions ?

spchester Jan 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Got the offer here. I lost a list and companion pass as I only had two flights last year.

jacobguo Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Got A-List despite not flying a single flight during the window (2 afterwards) thanks to CA status match last year. Thought it might be relevant (possibility of status w/o meeting requirements).

MCI777 Feb 5, 2018 1:31 pm

Didn't get an email but noticed the promotion on my account. Registered and got immediate A-List status. Have to fly the 3 roundtrips as noted above. I'm a PLAT PRO with AA but take a few trips on WN every year. I might be able to make this work.

Cardboard55 Feb 14, 2018 9:42 pm

I have no idea how they're targeting this. I got it even though I only flew three round-trips on WN last year, and have never had status with them. I might try to complete it, but WN is not my first choice airline so I'm not sure how valuable it is to me...

rasheed Feb 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Oh, SWA knows so much about you and can come up with many factors to include in the pool.

-Did you have pre-check on your reservation?
-Did you check the business radio button?
-Did you use Concur (which goes via SWA Biz back-end)?
-Did you book in a less than certain number of weeks window (likely non-leisure)?
-Did you NOT check bags?
-Did you a credit card that is a business card or a travel-oriented card?
-Did you use the mobile app for your boarding pass?

Etc, etc.

I am enjoying the SWA-AS battles, and I am sorry to see AA/UA not try harder for the business.

Rasheed

darthbimmer Feb 15, 2018 6:48 pm

I got the same promo last year and seized the opportunity. Appreciate that WN offered it. Their strategy seems to be offering it to people who do not currently have status but possibly had it in the past. They're looking to entice people known to travel who might've taken their business elsewhere to come back. OP, were you A-List in the past?