Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted offer: Fly 3 RTs by April 2018, get A-list status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted offer: Fly 3 RTs by April 2018, get A-list status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I got the promo. I have exactly 6 paid segments booked during the promotional period, so it works out great for me!

I'm Companion Pass from a January 2017 hotel transfer. I fly maybe 12-15 total paid WN segments per year these days. I hit A-list a couple times the regular way during the first few years of the status.

Based out of MCI.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I got the same promo last year and seized the opportunity. Appreciate that WN offered it. Their strategy seems to be offering it to people who do not currently have status but possibly had it in the past. They're looking to entice people known to travel who might've taken their business elsewhere to come back. OP, were you A-List in the past?
Not the OP, but here is another data point never the less. I have never had SW status and got the A-List Experience offer. Timing was good since I just booked and flew three segments last week. Three more to go by the end of April to keep A-List through CY 2018. I typically did buy early bird check in previously, so A-List is great. Same day standby will also be great. My business air travel is up this year, so should be able to complete the promo. Even so, not sure I will have enough segments to keep it through CY 2019.

--Jon
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:45 am
Original Member

Note that the promo says "book and fly 6 segments between January 29 and April 30". Does anyone know whether revenue segments booked before January 29 and flown during the promotion period will count?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by kurjan
Note that the promo says "book and fly 6 segments between January 29 and April 30". Does anyone know whether revenue segments booked before January 29 and flown during the promotion period will count?
In the past flights have had to be rebooked once the promo came out. Most of mine were able to rebook for a little more extra but still had to rebook for them to qualify.

Last edited by figment7; Feb 24, 2018 at 6:04 am Reason: wording
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Incredibly pedantic question, but I have to ask it anyway: sometime in 2017, I booked a one-way flight to take place on March 19th. In February of this year, I changed that flight to March 17th - different route, different fare, etc. But I did it as a *change* in the system, not a cancel and apply funds to a whole new itinerary.

Will it count towards this promo?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:09 pm

No you have to cancel and rebook, you can use the travel funds but a change will not trigger the "new" flight required for the promo according to others in the past.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:48 pm

Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.