Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Anytime Fare with Chase UR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Booking Anytime Fare with Chase UR

I’m in a situation where the only seats available for a flight I want to take are Anytime and Business Select. SW wants 36,900 RR points for the Anytime Fare, but the cash price is only $426. If I book the ticket with Chase UR points, and needed to cancel, would I have the option to get the cash price refunded to my Chase card, since Anytime flights are fully refundable. Or would booking through a 3rd party mean I could only get a travel voucher? Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bullsfan1227
I’m in a situation where the only seats available for a flight I want to take are Anytime and Business Select. SW wants 36,900 RR points for the Anytime Fare, but the cash price is only $426. If I book the ticket with Chase UR points, and needed to cancel, would I have the option to get the cash price refunded to my Chase card, since Anytime flights are fully refundable. Or would booking through a 3rd party mean I could only get a travel voucher? Thanks
There have been few reports I have seen on this sort of thing. Please let us know what you learn.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:59 pm

Some discussion here:

BE AWARE! Ultimate Rewards does not convert "refundable" tickets to "non-refundable".
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

There have been few reports I have seen on this sort of thing. Please let us know what you learn.
I went ahead and made a reservation with a Chase UR Travel rep over the phone. According to her, it was fully refundable, and after I initiated the refund with SW, I could call in and have the points balance redeposited. If I do need to cancel, I will probably do it over the phone, and will be sure to update this thread.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you! That discussion was very helpful.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Thank you! That discussion was very helpful.
I found it clear as mud! Did you conclude SW AT or BS tickets bought with UR points are or aren't refundable to a credit card or for use as ticketless funds?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
I found it clear as mud! Did you conclude SW AT or BS tickets bought with UR points are or aren't refundable to a credit card or for use as ticketless funds?

Thanks
According to the agent I spoke with, the ticket is refundable to Chase. When Chase books a ticket with SW, Chase deducts points from your UR bank and pays for the ticket with a credit card. Once you initiate the refund on SW to the credit card used by Chase, Chase will redeposit the points to your UR bank.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
According to the agent I spoke with, the ticket is refundable to Chase. When Chase books a ticket with SW, Chase deducts points from your UR bank and pays for the ticket with a credit card. Once you initiate the refund on SW to the credit card used by Chase, Chase will redeposit the points to your UR bank.
If anyone succeeds in this, please verify here.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:15 pm

Just adding that I specifically asked this question two two reps about two months ago, and they explicitly said that points with Southwest specifically are non-refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.