FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   SW Points yet to post - close date jan 2 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1886514-sw-points-yet-post-close-date-jan-2-a.html)

Hecta Jan 5, 2018 3:15 pm

SW Points yet to post - close date jan 2

I know Southwest always does some maintenance around the new year but I am beginning to worry a bit. I signed up for two southwest cards (Plus and Business Premier) for 60k points each. I met the spending thresholds on both cards in late December 2017 with a closing date of 1/2/2018 for both cards. Typically, any points earned on my cards will post to my southwest count the next day (closed Dec 2 and points posted Dec 3). Both of the statements closed 1/2/2018 and I have yet to see any points post in my southwest account.

I then checked the statements on the chase website. The Plus account shows the points earned for spending plus the 60,000 bonus. Yet they still haven't posted.
The Business Premier account showed spending of $3,200 and also 3,200 points to be transferred to Southwest. Strangely, it did not indicate I had met the threshold for the 60,000 bonus. I am way over the $3,000 requirement. Typical of Chase, when I ask (via SM) why I didn't receive the bonus points they claim that it could take 6 to 8 weeks.

So really two questions here: 1. Has anyone with a Jan 2 or later closing date had their points post to their Southwest account yet? 2. Has anyone ever met the spending requirement and NOT received the bonus points in the same month the met the requirement?
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ddade0f9e1.png

Critterlynn Jan 5, 2018 4:29 pm

2 years ago when I received my first companion pass, it took about 2 weeks from the statement closing for points to post in my RR account. This was also at the beginning of the year. I'm guessing it has something to do with the year end processing.

Your other account that's showing nothing, I'd guess you cut the minimum spend a little too close to the statement ending date. Usually you need to meet the spend and have it post to your account about a week before or else it won't show up until the next statement ends.

toomanybooks Jan 5, 2018 5:20 pm

Spending to hit the bonus must hit/post about 5-7 days ahead to trigger.

Otherwise you have to wait until the next month.

bmms8 Jan 5, 2018 6:04 pm

My two cards closed on 1/1 and i havent seen points post to SW either. Will post when it hits.

Hecta Jan 8, 2018 8:45 am

Update: The points for both of my Southwest cards posted on 1/7/2018 for the statements that closed 1/2/2018. Unfortunately, it looks like my charges posted too late on my business Premier card and will have to wait for next close date. Sucks because I have two trips planned in January where I was counting on using the companion pass. Is there any way at all to have Chase move the statement close date UP? It would be a last ditch effort.

bmms8 Jan 8, 2018 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Hecta (Post 29265166)
Update: The points for both of my Southwest cards posted on 1/7/2018 for the statements that closed 1/2/2018. Unfortunately, it looks like my charges posted too late on my business Premier card and will have to wait for next close date. Sucks because I have two trips planned in January where I was counting on using the companion pass. Is there any way at all to have Chase move the statement close date UP? It would be a last ditch effort.

I’m still waiting for my points to post from closing of 1/1

toomanybooks Jan 8, 2018 9:32 am

Sucks because I have two trips planned in January where I was counting on using the companion pass. Is there any way at all to have Chase move the statement close date UP? It would be a last ditch effort.

I give you about .1% chance of persuading them.

OutofToiletPaper Jan 8, 2018 9:56 am

​​​​​​​I was able to message Chase to change my statement date for my January one from January 26 to January 12. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that for you in this instance. Doesn't hurt to ask.

bmms8 Jan 8, 2018 11:10 am

Originally Posted by iamalexchung (Post 29265501)
I was able to message Chase to change my statement date for my January one from January 26 to January 12. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do that for you in this instance. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I think its an issue of his spending was too close to statement ending date.

Hecta Jan 8, 2018 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 29265374)

I give you about .1% chance of persuading them.

Yeah...no dice. They said they can only move the date back and it would take "1 to 2 billing cycles". Oh well. Worth a shot. Lesson learned

OutofToiletPaper Jan 8, 2018 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Hecta (Post 29266321)
Yeah...no dice. They said they can only move the date back and it would take "1 to 2 billing cycles". Oh well. Worth a shot. Lesson learned

Did you call in or secure message them?

I secure messaged them on Saturday (Jan 6) because I have a statement close date of January 26. I want it to move up to January 12, and this was their response:

We're pleased to make your statement closing date and
payment due date more convenient for you. As the option
is available, I've changed your statement closing date to
the 12th of each month, effective on your January 12, 2018
billing statement. The payment due date will be on
February 9, 2018.

h4xdaplanet Jan 8, 2018 2:41 pm

Having the same issue here - statement close 1/3 on my SW Biz and points have not posted to RR yet.

bmms8 Jan 9, 2018 4:23 am

Points still haven’t showed up in my southwest account and both cards closed 1/1. Bonus points show on chase statement. Anyone else?

JMSE11 Jan 9, 2018 10:13 am

No points either!

My statement closed on Jan 4 and points have yet to post as well. My statement shows the 60k bonus earned tool. It is funny that I was so stressed about not earning the points too early. So frustrating since I want to use the points already!!

aba030 Jan 9, 2018 2:48 pm

I also had a 1/1 statement close date for 2 cards and points have not yet posted to my RR account.