Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to check in for International Flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Unable to check in for International Flight

Sorry if this has been explained elsewhere on FT. What is the possible explanation for the following message received when trying to check in for our international flight: There are two passengers on the PNR, one was checked in with no problem....

We are unable to check in all passengers.

Some passengers are not eligible for online check-in at this time. These passengers will need to proceed to the airport and see a Customer Service Agent in order to receive their boarding pass(es). All other passengers have been checked in and may receive their boarding pass(es) at this time.

Thanks... again I apologize if this message has been explained elsewhere on FT.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:38 pm

They need to check your passports, once you checked in it locked your position in so don't worry about that. Either use one of the kiosks scanning your passport or if you have to check your luggage the agent will give you the boarding pass and stamp it with "DOCS OK" on the boarding pass.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:00 pm

Yes, they have to check your passports at the ticket counter before you can check in. This applies to all international flights as far as I know. Had to do this for Costa Rica, Cancun, Bahamas, etc.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Not the same thing as I read it...sounds to me like some passengers were unable to do the online portion to completion and lock boarding positions. The message indicates that fairly well. When I have encountered this, there is an issue with ticket name and passport name-usually the ticket was purchased without middle name included. This will not be a problem to fly, but will result in a later boarding position.

However, the other posts are correct. For international flights, you can only process checkin to see boarding position. Final check in and boarding passes happen at the airport.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by blondietink
Yes, they have to check your passports at the ticket counter before you can check in. This applies to all international flights as far as I know. Had to do this for Costa Rica, Cancun, Bahamas, etc.
I had no problem checking in online to fly from PHL to Punta Cana, and vice versa.

If you don't have your passport info with Southwest in your reservation, maybe that's where the problem was. But, the need to check your passports before you can check in is false. You are permitted to check in online.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The online portion secures your boarding position only-and does require you to enter PP info. Without your PP handy, you cannot even do this part. Actual "check in" occurs at the airport. You cannot get a boarding pass for an international flight anywhere but the airport. Below is the link from southwest.com

The OP had an issue with some travelers where (most likely) info on the PP didn't match the reservation exactly. In those cases, you have to do everything at the airport. Usually, that is the middle name-or naming convention.

https://www.southwest.com/html/air/i...-in/index.html
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:33 am

I got this message when I received SSSS flying home from Mexico. I was able to message Southwest on twitter and they were able to check me in so I didnt get a low boarding number.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is not a document check issue, that is the same for all passengers. In this case, the most likely scenario is that OP booked the ticket in a name different from the passport. There needs to be an absolute match between the two. This does delay boarding position and that alone is a good reason to have all of your documents match down to spaces and punctiation. Passport, GE, and profile with WN should all be harmonized.
steved5480 and NextTrip like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by acasteve
There are two passengers on the PNR, one was checked in with no problem.
Is the other passenger a child? Some countries require more questions of the guardian/parent at the departure airport.

Never discount an IT hiccup. The SWA Mobile App does not support mobile boarding passes when there is more than one passenger on the same itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.