Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power-Outlets?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
Wait, the manufacturer claims maintenance calls are few?
LOL!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Seems like every time I travel on other airlines with electrical outlets, they are loose/broken. Plug won't stay in much of the time.
NextTrip likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Seems like every time I travel on other airlines with electrical outlets, they are loose/broken. Plug won't stay in much of the time.
The can be tricky, yes. To land in Hong Kong without dead devices - including the one you spent polishing your presentation - is indispensable. ATL-MDW, no biggie.
NextTrip likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by LegalTender
The can be tricky, yes. To land in Hong Kong without dead devices - including the one you spent polishing your presentation - is indispensable. ATL-MDW, no biggie.
As you say, no biggie. When I fly SWA, I watch some TV on my iPad Mini and just leave my fully-charged MacBook Air in my bag for when I get to my destination.

Last edited by NextTrip; Dec 14, 2017 at 5:06 pm
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
I plugged my laptop in on a Delta flight the other day, which I had not done before, and found that the power system has a 75watt limit and switched off. For my smaller devices I have a small power pack anyway.

I wonder how much weight a USB power system for tablets and phones only would add.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by maracle
I wonder how much weight a USB power system for tablets and phones only would add.
Presumably they'd still need inverters, so roughly the same. USB ports in AVOD screens always seem to work. But FA's won't let you plug in until you're airborne because the wires could obstruct a seatmate in emergency evacuation.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Hell, even TPAC it is not really needed if one looks to power issues when buying their devices. Yeah I might have to swap between notebook and tablet if I really stay awake all night. But often never plug in.

But domestic? What the hell do people use for devices? Or do 737s now stay in the air for 8 hours?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exwannabe
But domestic? What the hell do people use for devices? Or do 737s now stay in the air for 8 hours?
Some devices can't charge fast enough for someone spending all day transferring between multiple shorter flights, but not having that much time available near an outlet in between. It's hard to charge while you're queued up in the boarding line in the A20-25 section or wherever.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
When I find this happening - and it is decently common - I use a converter (Type L to USA or something similar), which tends to stay in the plug a whole lot better. I bought a couple converters on Amazon for like $4 each.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.