Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flying from SJC-LAX-SJD (Los Cabos,MX) - Lounge question

Old Nov 19, 17, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I have flying to Los Cabos, MX from SJ with 2 hour halt in LAX. I have priority pass and I see there are 2 lounges in LAX (Alaska Lounge -Term 6 and KAL Lounge in TBIT terminal).

Anyone travelled to Mexico, can you confirm if I can access KAL lounge as it is in TBIT Terminal. Is that walkable?

-Fb
Old Nov 19, 17, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by FB01 View Post
Hi,

I have flying to Los Cabos, MX from SJ with 2 hour halt in LAX. I have priority pass and I see there are 2 lounges in LAX (Alaska Lounge -Term 6 and KAL Lounge in TBIT terminal).

Anyone travelled to Mexico, can you confirm if I can access KAL lounge as it is in TBIT Terminal. Is that walkable?

-Fb
Even if you have access, I wouldn't bother. Two hours isn't really enough time and too far to schlep from T-1 to T-6 or TBIT and back through security.
Old Nov 19, 17, 9:55 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist Lite; United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Originally Posted by NextTrip View Post
Even if you have access, I wouldn't bother. Two hours isn't really enough time and too far to schlep from T-1 to T-6 or TBIT and back through security.
+1

But do NOT miss the SJD VIP lounge near Gate 8 for your return trip. That one is fantastic.
Old Nov 20, 17, 3:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NextTrip View Post
Most WN flights from LAX to SJD do originate from TBIT.
Old Nov 20, 17, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian View Post
Most WN flights from LAX to SJD do originate from TBIT.
Well, then that should work!
Old Nov 21, 17, 2:39 pm

The only issue on the KAL Lounge with Priority Pass is the limited hours of access - 12:00pm - 8:00pm only for Priority Pass holders, they even put up a "Priority Pass Line starts here" and there is usually a pretty long line waiting to get in. I hope your schedule allows for those hours. I certainly agree with the recommendation on the SJD lounge!
Old Nov 21, 17, 5:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR, Covid-19
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
But do NOT miss the SJD VIP lounge near Gate 8 for your return trip. That one is fantastic.
+1
Old Dec 20, 17, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Ambassador
See Master Thread: Using Priority Pass when flying WN:

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

If flying from TBIT the KLM lounge will be your best bet. If flying from WN terminal, you can now use the Virgin Clubhouse in T-2 before noon, but be advised you might have a long wait for security when you go back to T1, though zero wait if you have CLEAR.

As others have noted the VIP lounge at SJD is wonderful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: