FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Changes to Drinks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1878400-changes-drinks.html)

fiuchris Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Changes to Drinks

We received notice this week that there are a few changes to the drink line up coming soon.

Starting December 1, Blue Moon will be phased in as the seasonal beer offering. In addition, Bud Light will be permanently replaced with Lagunitas as a regular beer offering (alongside Miller Lite, Dos Equis, and Fat Tire).

Starting January 1, Seven Up will replace Sprite and Sprite Zero will be replaced with Canada Dry Lemon Lime sparking water.

JumboJet Nov 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Some wins there

DCP2016 Nov 19, 2017 1:06 pm

Definitely sounds good to me, Blue Moon is good and Lagunitas beats Bud Light anytime of the week. Happy to see Lemon Lime sparking water in the lineup as well.

geo979 Nov 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Sprite zero is a big loss.

toomanybooks Nov 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by fiuchris (Post 29078313)
Bud Light will be permanently replaced with Lagunitas as a regular beer offering

That is a hugely positive change for beer drinkers. Now there is at least one drinkable beer available.

Lost Nov 19, 2017 1:30 pm

I like all of those changes ^

synergistic Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 29078417)
That is a hugely positive change for beer drinkers. Now there is at least one drinkable beer available.

I've actually been content with the leine Oktoberfest this fall, but I'll definitely be glad to have something decent on the permanent menu.

lougord99 Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks (Post 29078417)

I’m surprised you don’t consider Flat Tire A drinkable beer.

LegalTender Nov 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 29078724)

I definitely do. Fat Tire, that is.

synergistic Nov 19, 2017 5:39 pm

I used to absolutely love Fat Tire. Like, that was one of the first beers I really enjoyed. For some reason, though, I moved away from it soon after it became available in my home state of Florida. I'll now drink a Yuengling in a restaurant over Fat Tire, though I'll drink Fat Tire over bud light any day.

toomanybooks Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Never could stand any of the beers from that brewery. Pretty overrated IMO.

Must be the yeast they use or the water or something.

Hot Pocket Nov 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Fat Tire is a syrupy mess from an overrated brewery.

Did they state which Lagunitas? Hopefully the IPA. If so, hope they cater a significant amount per flight as I can see it being in high demand.

fiuchris Nov 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hot Pocket (Post 29079534)
Did they state which Lagunitas? Hopefully the IPA. If so, hope they cater a significant amount per flight as I can see it being in high demand.

It doesn't say. My assumption is that it will be the IPA.

danielonn Nov 20, 2017 3:15 am

Sounds good to me! I love lemon lime sparkling water so I wonder how mixing it with Gin,Scotch or Bourbon would be. Fat Tire and Blue Moon with orange slice are great beers! Laguanitas over Bud any day!

Now only if Southwest could serve Biscoff cookies that would be grreeat!

ucdtim17 Nov 20, 2017 9:47 am

Lacking an IPA has been a pretty big hole in their offerings to date. Agreed with Fat Tire being syrupy mess. The oktoberfest is drinkable but they really need a decent permanent IPA. Lagunitas will do.