Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Drinks

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Fat Tire is a syrupy mess from an overrated brewery.

Did they state which Lagunitas? Hopefully the IPA. If so, hope they cater a significant amount per flight as I can see it being in high demand.
Hopefully their catering software is sophisticated enough to know to increase the order whenever it recognizes that I've booked a flight.

Very nice add to the permanent beer list. ^
steved5480 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by pinniped
Hopefully their catering software is sophisticated enough to know to increase the order whenever it recognizes that I've booked a flight.

Very nice add to the permanent beer list. ^
Southwest
Sophisticated
Software

....SSS...
pinniped likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by steved5480
Southwest
Sophisticated
Software

....SSS...
Hey, it's better than SSSS.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Oh good. Drinkable beer finally. Although I'd love for them to serve Yuengling.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Although I'd love for them to serve Yuengling.
Maybe once (if?) they expand to nationwide distribution, it'll happen!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:01 am

I've been very happy simply with Dos Equis as a regular beer offering. And we drank up the Leinenkugal on the plane in October.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:40 am

Am I the only one here who doesn't get Yuengling? I've had it a few times...tastes like just another mass-produced lager to me. That's fine, just like most of the stuff from Sam Adams is fine, but I don't really crave it the way some people do. I have friends who freak out every time I go on a business trip to DC or NY, asking how much Yuengling I'm going to drink and how much I'm bringing home.

I understand people were this way about Coors a couple generations ago, where trips to the Rockies were expected to be done in a station wagon so you could supply all your buddies with Banquet Beer when you got home. I didn't really get that either...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
Am I the only one here who doesn't get Yuengling? I've had it a few times...tastes like just another mass-produced lager to me. That's fine, just like most of the stuff from Sam Adams is fine, but I don't really crave it the way some people do. I have friends who freak out every time I go on a business trip to DC or NY, asking how much Yuengling I'm going to drink and how much I'm bringing home.

I understand people were this way about Coors a couple generations ago, where trips to the Rockies were expected to be done in a station wagon so you could supply all your buddies with Banquet Beer when you got home. I didn't really get that either...
Agree about Yuengling. It’s a hair better than the big brands, but when you have access to thousands of amazing diverse beers, pretty underwhelming.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Agree about Yuengling. It’s a hair better than the big brands, but when you have access to thousands of amazing diverse beers, pretty underwhelming.
It's a good, middle of the road beer. For someone like me who doesn't care for IPAs, stouts, etc, Yuengling is sold in nearly every bar that I'll be at.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
YESSS I can actually use my expiring 12/31 drink coupons now!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
I've been very happy simply with Dos Equis as a regular beer offering. And we drank up the Leinenkugal on the plane in October.
If they could only start service to some Canadian markets and add Molson Canadian.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
It’s definitely not on par with the (non-conglomerate owned) craft beers that fill two fridges at my house but certainly better than Bud Light or Shocktop.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... guess I'm the only one who drinks the sparkling wine they just got, then?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred & CP
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... guess I'm the only one who drinks the sparkling wine they just got, then?
That's been my drink of choice since they introduced it, despite being primarily a beer drinker on the ground.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by konems
That's been my drink of choice since they introduced it, despite being primarily a beer drinker on the ground.
ditto. HUGE fan of in flight mimosas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.