Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A List via earning it or thru CA 6 flight promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite

Question from a noob southwest customer - RR dashboard shows that i'm 3,489 points short of maintaining A-List.:
(A) Is this to maintain A-List to end of 2017 only? or
(B) if I hit 35,000 pts in 2017 does this extend A-List to 2018?

If yes to (A) then I'll aim for 3 more flights such as SJC - LAS, LAS - SEA/PDX - SJC to qualify via the California promo. Already have 3 separate flights under my belt since signing up on Sept 14th!
If yes to (B) then i can simply buy Business Select on my next round trip to PDX or SEA

First time ever I've been close to (re) qualifying for A-List! Granted that last year's promo for companion pass and this year's promo for A-List has pushed 16 flights towards SWA instead of AS or UA. In a normal travel year only a handful of work flights are on SWA.

Unrelated question - I've currently purchased WGA SJC-SAN. Can I go standby on an earlier flight SFO-SAN same day as a A-List? Or should I change my flight and refare from SFO-SAN to SJC-SAN? I'll be in downtown SF that morning and it seems silly to Uber all the way to SJC afterwards.

TIA!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No to A

Yes B, remainder of 2017 (but you are already A list so moot) plus 2018.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by lainys
I've currently purchased WGA SJC-SAN. Can I go standby on an earlier flight SFO-SAN same day as a A-List?
No. You can standby for co-terminal destination cities but not from co-terminal origin cities.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by joshua362
No to A. Yes B, remainder of 2017 (but you are already A list so moot) plus 2018.
Thank you! In that case it's easier for me to just purchase a Business Select non stop ticket rather than plane hop on two separate tickets thru LAS.

Originally Posted by nsx
No. You can standby for co-terminal destination cities but not from co-terminal origin cities.
Got it. Thanks for the info! In that case I'll change my ticket ahead of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.