Southwest-- WGA (MCO to BWI) hope?

Old Nov 13, 17, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage (Gold), DL SM, UA MP (Silver)
Southwest-- WGA (MCO to BWI) hope?

Hello all,
I am new to the forum, as y'all might have figured out by now.

I have a question about WGA fares. Is there any way that any WGA will be released on February 19, on the 1:20--3:30 PM flight from MCO to BWI. It is a flight that is one-way. Should I wait? What should I do? What would you guys do? After all, it is President's Day weekend!

Please comment back with advice about WGA fares. Everything is appreciated!
Old Nov 13, 17, 6:34 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
Is there only Anytime currently available?

Well...if so, AT fares are fully refundable and there are no change fees on WN...so book now and if WGA fares (or a lower AT fare) repopulates you simply rebook the new fare and wind up with a refund of the balance.

Never wait IMO...they are much more likely to go up then down!
Old Nov 13, 17, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Besides being Pres Day weekend, the Daytona 500 is being run on Sun 2/18, so I would expect pretty high interest in flights on 2/19. There is a nonstop out of Tampa a little later that is $213 at the moment. Be aware that if you rebook a ticket you've paid cash for the difference comes back to you in the form of a credit that is good for one year from the date you book the original flight. If you are using points you get the points back.

There is also a nonstop from MCO to IAD at 10:20am on 2/19 for $156.
Old Nov 13, 17, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elipisk123 View Post
Hello all,
I am new to the forum, as y'all might have figured out by now.

I have a question about WGA fares. Is there any way that any WGA will be released on February 19, on the 1:20--3:30 PM flight from MCO to BWI. It is a flight that is one-way. Should I wait? What should I do? What would you guys do? After all, it is President's Day weekend!

Please comment back with advice about WGA fares. Everything is appreciated!
If it is not a tax-deductible/reimbursable flight, book with Southwest points. Refare if the price drops and the points go back to your account, no fee.

Transfer from Chase UR 1:1 to Southwest points if you have UR and no Southwest.
Old Nov 13, 17, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

This is a business trip, so all of the flights must leave at or after 11:00 AM on the 19th from MCO. It's company policy. Also, I am from the PHL suburbs and the person driving me says that it can not be further than BWI unless the price different is significant. I can not fly the budget airlines.
Old Nov 13, 17, 9:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA 1P
This is a business trip, so all of the flights must leave at or after 11:00 AM on the 19th from MCO. It's company policy. Also, I am from the PHL suburbs and the person driving me says that it can not be further than BWI unless the price different is significant. I can not fly the budget airlines.
What about going into PHL? There's a WGA fare ($236) available on the 11:20am nonstop from MCO to PHL right now!
Old Nov 14, 17, 6:48 am

Just trying to understand your company and your requirements:

Your company insists that you must fly after 11am on a holiday? Or can it be after 11am any day? Do you have to fly on this particular day?

Do you have a price limit you must stay under?
Old Nov 15, 17, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Yes, my company states that I have to leave at or after 11 AM on February 19th, because that is when the convention is over. If I stay longer, I have to pay for it, myself. Hence the reason for why I want to leave. I do not want to pay for additional night of a hotel. My price limit is $500 rt.
Old Nov 15, 17, 8:10 pm

Yes, my company states that I have to leave at or after 11 AM on February 19th, because that is when the convention is over. If I stay longer, I have to pay for it, myself. Hence the reason for why I want to leave. I do not want to pay for additional night of a hotel. My price limit is $500 rt.
That is extremely limiting parameters given that it's a peak day. Delta has a MCO-JFK-PHL flight. DL 2628, DL 3731, 5:25PM TO 10:55PM 5H 30M for $243. All Southwest fares on MCO-BWI and MCO-PHL are close to $480 one-way now on Feb. 19 after 11am, leaving you just $20 for the other flight (whenever that is). If you can figure out how to get to TPA, you might find a lower TPA-PHL fare on Southwest directly for that evening.

Last edited by beyondhere; Nov 15, 17 at 8:16 pm
Old Nov 16, 17, 8:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I happen to have booked a flight into MCO on the same day you are looking to fly out of MCO. I booked using points in June (I believe it was the date the schedule opened) and the flight was 4600 points then. That same flight is now almost 19000 points. I ended up changing that flight a couple of days later to fly into FLL instead. I got that flight for 8300 points and it is now 15,000 points. These are weeks that generally do not go down in price as you might normally expect. I would find something that fits your budget and schedule and book it.
Old Nov 16, 17, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL WFBF, National Emerald Club, Global Entry, CSR, IHG Gold
So your company insists that you fly at a specific time, but caps the price of the ticket? That's totally nuts. Is the rule that you "cannot fly budget airlines" also company mandated? What is defined as a budget airline?

Spriit has a $126 flight to BWI at your desired time... you could book every possible "extra fee" item and not hit $250.

Search this Thread