FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   On the plane New seatsaving scam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1876399-plane-new-seatsaving-scam.html)

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 7, 2017 5:53 pm

On the plane New seatsaving scam

Lady across the aisle has her roller bag in the aisle seat while sitting in window. Obviously important. Sunglasses in the dark on the phone.
Anxious to see if someone challenges her and who she is saving seat for. Hope bins fill up. Feel like suggesting someone thks the seat. People eyeing her. Someone asked she said saving for sister. Sister fifth from the last to board.

Fortunately only 120 on the plane. I got an empty middle. 🤗

dmbolp Nov 7, 2017 5:56 pm

What's new about this?

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 7, 2017 5:59 pm

Never saw anyone use a full sized roller bag. I'm surprised the FAs didn't make her put it in the bin.

dmbolp Nov 7, 2017 6:03 pm

Ah, roller bag...missed that, wow

And that explains the "Hope bins fill up"...didn't understand that previously either :)

camaross Nov 7, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank god another seat saving thread, there aren't enough of these on here.

Often1 Nov 7, 2017 6:44 pm

There are 50 threads about variations on this.

They all come down to the same thing. If you want the seat, just ask whether she needs help putting the bag into the OH and if there is any flak, put it in the aisle and sit down, It The bag will be dealt with soon enough.

LegalTender Nov 7, 2017 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by camaross (Post 29032997)
Thank god another seat saving thread, there aren't enough of these on here.

Next thing you know, people who want to sit together will board together.

Along with FAs imparting, "you can sit in any seat that doesn't have a person in it."

jphripjah Nov 7, 2017 9:30 pm

So she was in the window and wasn't saving the middle, she was saving the aisle instead and letting someone take the middle? That's kind of new.

justhere Nov 7, 2017 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah (Post 29033650)
So she was in the window and wasn't saving the middle, she was saving the aisle instead and letting someone take the middle? That's kind of new.

Not really. Does anyone actually care if you save a middle other than maybe in the exit or bulkhead row? how many of the seat saving threads are about someone saving just a middle seat? Also perhaps she asked the load before getting on and knew that the flight wasn't full so not likely to run into bin space issues.

Allan38103 Nov 8, 2017 8:58 am

Why do you refer to this as a "scam"? It's not sneaky; it's out in the open in front of everyone, and anyone can take the seat if they choose to. It's not prohibited.

joshua362 Nov 8, 2017 10:06 am

Maybe "ploy" is a better term.

Blitzjb Nov 8, 2017 10:08 am

I like to spread out my bag in the overhead bin to save space for my companion.:)

DutchessPDX Nov 8, 2017 11:11 am

I just throw my personal item or jacket in the seat if I'm saving a seat. Hardly "new" or questionable.

rickg523 Nov 8, 2017 11:35 am

Originally Posted by justhere (Post 29033701)
snip
Also perhaps she asked the load before getting on and knew that the flight wasn't full so not likely to run into bin space issues.

I do this everytime I board WN.
It impacts my seat selection.
And my perception of people saving seats on that flight. Full flight, that lady's bag is moving to the middle seat or it's proper spot in the bin.
120? I'm walking right on by, not even caring. Unless I'm last on and she's still got the bag in that aisle seat.

Marko123 Nov 8, 2017 1:21 pm

So what happened?