Why can't I use my travel funds?

Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Why can't I use my travel funds?

I'm trying to book a flight around Thanksgiving. I have funds from a cancelled flight in August (expiring 2018), but I get this message:

Maximum number of Travel Funds reached or Travel Fund not applicable.

We can only apply Travel Funds to your airfare. Please enter your credit card information.

My credit card information is entered. What's going on? I'm trying to call, but there's a one hour wait.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:05 pm

Glitch?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:51 pm

Glitch, likely related to the system changeover. I had one that was similar...only a few bucks so haven't bothered trying to sort it out.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:22 pm

Sometimes if you've refared a ticket there may be more that one travel fund under that PNR or there may be a passenger with the same PNR and travel funds. You can try deleting some of the travel funds and see if it goes through.

The one time it happened to me I called and they were able to straighten it out for me.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Make sure that your name matches exactly. I had this issue with my husband's travel funds and once i made sure that i had his middle name was in there, it went through.
synergistic and jacobguo like this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AsiaTraveler, you were right -- the problem was a missing middle name.
synergistic and jacobguo like this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:31 pm

I feel badly, I've run into this issue but really thought it gave me a different error in that case - glad you got it sorted.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:32 am

I'm having the same issue trying to apply travel funds that expire on 3/31/18. It will let me apply the other travel funds that expire later in the year, but obviously I want to use the earlier ones first. I realized today that the funds I'm trying to use are from a trip to Nassau - maybe that's the problem? I'll have to get my husband to call Southwest and see if we can sort it out, since it's his account and funds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.