Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security document issued for connection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Security document issued for connection

I've read similar posts about receiving a boarding pass at the gate, with just a security document available when checking in online. However, in this instance, boarding passes are available for the originating flight, but not the connection.

I checked the website, but none of WN's scenarios for a boarding pass issued at the gate seem to apply, in this instance. A parent and four year old child are flying under the same PNR. Boarding numbers were assigned for the first leg, but not the second. They will use family boarding.

This is not the first time they are flying together on WN.

It looks like there is one unsold seat on the second leg.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:05 pm

Not sure what time the check-in happened, but the last few boarding positions (10-15 or so) are held for assignment at the gate. It's possible that the first flight isn't full or they checked in before this condition was met, but the second flight had already issued boarding positions to this point.
nsx and mke9499 like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fiuchris
Not sure what time the check-in happened, but the last few boarding positions (10-15 or so) are held for assignment at the gate. It's possible that the first flight isn't full or they checked in before this condition was met, but the second flight had already issued boarding positions to this point.
Check-in probably about T-20. I'm thinking there is a lot of connecting traffic, with mostly earlier check-ins, A-Listers, and EBs.

That's probably the answer.

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:38 pm

Flight details?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: LTP, PP
That's not very reassuring to those having to make a connection! I wonder what the rationale is for holding back BP's, especially if no longer overselling?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Both pax received mid C boarding positions, which were on the tail end (no pun intended), but boarded in family boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.