Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring LUV Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Expiring LUV Voucher

Hello,

New to the site. I came here looking for a quick answer, hopefully. I have a LUV voucher for a little more than $500 that expires in about a week. Am I able to use a LUV voucher for hotels or car rentals booked though Southwest.com?

Thank you in advance for any help!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Southwest, SPG, Marriott, UR & Amex
Originally Posted by kcannon
Hello,

New to the site. I came here looking for a quick answer, hopefully. I have a LUV voucher for a little more than $500 that expires in about a week. Am I able to use a LUV voucher for hotels or car rentals booked though Southwest.com?

Thank you in advance for any help!
I believe you can only use them on flights
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Call the Southwest customer service line 8-5 CST and ask for an extension on the expiration.

I have done that in the past but I don't know if the rules have changed.

Alternatively, see if you can donate it.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
First make sure what you have is a "voucher."

Some people use that to refer to "ticketless travel funds," which are different.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
First make sure what you have is a "voucher."

Some people use that to refer to "ticketless travel funds," which are different.

What I have is a voucher. It was already extended once and I was told by Southwest CS that it could not be extended again. Not even by a week.

Any ideas?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
What I have is a voucher. It was already extended once and I was told by Southwest CS that it could not be extended again. Not even by a week.

Any ideas?
Welcome to FT.

Boy, I don't know. What could you do with a voucher for an airline? A voucher that can't be used for hotels or rental cars? A voucher that you've already called WN and asked them about it and had it's expiration extended? Sorry, I'm at a loss.

Did you say it expires in about a week? Wow, if only you could find someone fooli.....I mean desperate enough to help you out. Good luck, hope you figure something out.

Oh, one last thought. Could you use it for a day or weekend trip somewhere you've always wanted to go?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

Any ideas?
I seem to recall that yes, vouchers can be extended once and no more.

Time for a quickie vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.