Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Check In and Printing Boarding Pass with Chrome

Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc

I've not been able to check in or print boarding passes using Chrome for over a week. Problem acknowledged by customer service on 10/6.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:21 am

Interesting. In the last few days, I've had trouble completing bookings on Firefox, and I moved to Chrome to complete them. Some aspects of Chrome show to me in another language, and the decimal points in the fares show as commas.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I had the same problem with Chrome on Tuesday. I was able to check in on my iPhone. By Wednesday morning, Chrome was able to check me in and print the boarding pass.

Never had this problem before and, instead of a "woops" message, I got a "there seems to be a problem" message.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Well, this thread is disturbing! I was considering starting a thread noting Southwest web site trouble with Safari over the past week on my Macs and having to resort to Chrome!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:47 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bobunf
I've not been able to check in or print boarding passes using Chrome for over a week. Problem acknowledged by customer service on 10/6.
After you get the error message, logout and do not login again. Retry your check-in and it should work. Why this is necessary I do not know.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: WN CP; WN A+; SPG Gold; Hertz Five Star Gold; Delta Silver Medallion; HHonors Silver
I'm having a ton of issues with the website using chrome on a pc and safari on a macbook and ipad.
When using chrome, I can not cancel or change a flight (i get the call southwest error message), however, when i switch to Microsoft Edge, it works perfectly. Logging out and logging back in does not help.
When trying to print boarding passes on safari on both my mac and ipad it tries to print the checked-in page only. If i cancel and try printing/cancelling 6 or 7 more times it eventually prints my boarding pass.

Any tips out there or is it the typical Southwest IT excuse?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:55 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by LAXPLANNER
Logging out and logging back in does not help.
How about logging out and NOT logging back in? That works for me.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:13 pm

Many of the current, seemingly never-ending website issues are "fixed" by not being logged into your RR account.
dlaue likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by LAXPLANNER
I'm having a ton of issues with the website using chrome on a pc and safari on a macbook and ipad.
When using chrome, I can not cancel or change a flight (i get the call southwest error message), however, when i switch to Microsoft Edge, it works perfectly. Logging out and logging back in does not help.
When trying to print boarding passes on safari on both my mac and ipad it tries to print the checked-in page only. If i cancel and try printing/cancelling 6 or 7 more times it eventually prints my boarding pass.

Any tips out there or is it the typical Southwest IT excuse?
Just sent a Twitter DM to @SouthwestAir. Check-in has been broken for weeks with Safari. Now setting flight notifications is broken for Safari (Mac) and Chrome (Mac and PC). Edge on the PC works fine.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:16 pm

Sent screen shots to @SouthwestAir via DM on Twitter and they will pass along to tech support. After being unable to check-in with Safari and Chrome (yes latest versions) on my Mac (yes fully updated) tonight, installed Firefox which worked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.