Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another auto checkin website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Yet another auto checkin website

Has anyone used airlinecheckins? It automatically checks you in at T24. It was set up by Lufthansa but works with most airlines.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by lewisc
Has anyone used airlinecheckins? It automatically checks you in at T24. It was set up by Lufthansa but works with most airlines.
Travel blogs swear by it.

This is a huge game changer especially for airlines with open boarding, like Southwest Airlines. Working with AirlineCheckins.com is almost a guarantee you’ll end up in the premiere “A” boarding group.
Count on WN to unplug it, if they haven't already.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
How can this get you "almost guaranteed A" boarding position, when, for many flights, checking in manually at T24 gets you into B20+?
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Will be shut down immediately by WN, like the last 3645 times it was tried.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:54 am
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Putnik
How can this get you "almost guaranteed A" boarding position, when, for many flights, checking in manually at T24 gets you into B20+?
Exactly--after all of the A-List & EBIC, there's a high likelihood you'll probably end up in the B group on a lot of flights
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:10 am

If Lufthansa is behind it and it is based in Europe, Southwest may not be able to shut it down. It is possible that depending on how it works Southwest may not even be able to detect it. It does however seem to require a special email address which could be easily identified.

I found one post from April of 2016 on TripAdvisor where someone said they had used it on Southwest.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
But is it reliable? I would want a lot of data points showing it is before entrusting it to check me in.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pkerr
But is it reliable? I would want a lot of data points showing it is before entrusting it to check me in.
That's the reason I started this thread. WN doesn't need to know your special email address
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:41 pm
glg

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
If Lufthansa is behind it and it is based in Europe, Southwest may not be able to shut it down.
Why couldn't they? Presumably its traffic comes from a limited number of servers. Southwest could easily drop traffic from those incoming IPs. *Especially* if it's based in Europe where Southwest would expect few checkins to come from.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by glg
Why couldn't they? Presumably its traffic comes from a limited number of servers. Southwest could easily drop traffic from those incoming IPs. *Especially* if it's based in Europe where Southwest would expect few checkins to come from.
Southwest has in the past used threats of legal action against small operations based on their terms and conditions. T&C violations are generally alleged to be violations of the DCMA. That may not apply to a European company in Europe. The technical barriers are easily overcome. I doubt Lufthansa has access to only a few IP addresses.
​​​
I also wonder whether Lufthansa cares all that much, but we shall see.

It's an interesting legal question.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:39 pm

Southwest currently blocks website access for many outside North America, so I'm surprised this even works at all now.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
If Southwest is able to detect that the check-in is coming from one of these places, the system should assign the person C-55.
Marko123 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:12 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
as soon as the airline opens online check-in for your upcoming flight, you will be checked in by AirlineCheckins.com – usually within the very first minutes.

If they don't hit T-24 on the dot they will lose 20 or 30 positions relative to a manual check-in. Then their users will complain and performance will be improved. Unless Southwest shuts it down first.

Which raises an interesting possibility. Would Southwest tolerate a check-in service which intentionally delayed check-in to, say, T-23.5? That would give manual check-ins first crack but still provide convenience to the auto check-in user.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by nsx
Would Southwest tolerate a check-in service which intentionally delayed check-in to, say, T-23.5? That would give manual check-ins first crack but still provide convenience to the auto check-in user.
Wouldn't it cannibalize EBCI sales?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Tanic
Wouldn't it cannibalize EBCI sales?
To some extent, yes.

I suppose Southwest could sell a $2 service for auto check-in one hour AFTER the manual check-in window opens. It would be a safety net in case you forget to check in. Like an insurance policy with a 60-position deductible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.