Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre indication missing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

TSA Pre indication missing

Just wanted to check if this is something new, or a one off with me. And if anyone has a solution.

I have two future reservation right now, and neither of them are indicating my TSA Pre. This is when I look in the mobile web page, which is the one place it seems to consistently show up. One of them has my companion added and her Pre is showing up. I know Pre is never guaranteed, but given that I have two reservation with it missing, it makes me concerned something is wrong.

Couple other data points. I have about 10 flights on southwest this year and all have had pre show up. Nothing has changed. I logged onto my GOES account (I have global entry) and everything shows active and fine there. I called southwest and they show no issues and that my KTN is connected. Only thing missing was my middle name (which has never been added before and never caused an issue on SW or other airlines), so I had them add that to one of the two reservations but that changed nothing (waited overnight to give it time). The only recommendation SW IT made was to try clearing cookies, which did nothing as did checking on a different device.

I would rebook and see if that helps, but points have gone up a decent amount on both. One thing I do not know is if it will actually show up on my boarding pass when I check in. But, again, since this is new and it is showing for my companion, I would prefer to try and be proactive.

Any other experiences or ideas? Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:25 am

I've never had Pre not show up out of 70+ flights. I have had this issue before and just called Southwest, and they canceled and re-issued the boarding pass, which then showed up with Pre. I don't recall whether or not I lost my original boarding position.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nathico
Just wanted to check if this is something new, or a one off with me. And if anyone has a solution.

I have two future reservation right now, and neither of them are indicating my TSA Pre. This is when I look in the mobile web page, which is the one place it seems to consistently show up. One of them has my companion added and her Pre is showing up. I know Pre is never guaranteed, but given that I have two reservation with it missing, it makes me concerned something is wrong.

Couple other data points. I have about 10 flights on southwest this year and all have had pre show up. Nothing has changed. I logged onto my GOES account (I have global entry) and everything shows active and fine there. I called southwest and they show no issues and that my KTN is connected. Only thing missing was my middle name (which has never been added before and never caused an issue on SW or other airlines), so I had them add that to one of the two reservations but that changed nothing (waited overnight to give it time). The only recommendation SW IT made was to try clearing cookies, which did nothing as did checking on a different device.

I would rebook and see if that helps, but points have gone up a decent amount on both. One thing I do not know is if it will actually show up on my boarding pass when I check in. But, again, since this is new and it is showing for my companion, I would prefer to try and be proactive.

Any other experiences or ideas? Thanks for any help!
One data point and as always YMMV. I have had Pre from the first passengers to get it on WN. This summer, I checked in for a return from California and it was gone in addition to the next outbound. I decided I was no longer traveling enough and had lost it. Then, it came back for the return flight. I have no idea whatsoever why it disappeared nor why it came back.

You still may get it when your boarding pass is printed. Let us know.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:49 am

My TSA Pre disappeared earlier this year, despite my KTN being entered in my profile. Southwest has dropped my middle name at some point, which seemed to cause it. When I asked them about it at the airport, I would have had to cancel my check in position to get a new boarding pass, so I declined, and just added the middle name over the phone later. It's been on all my reservations since then, but I can't remember if I can see it before the boarding pass is printed. Even with a KTN, TSA Pre is not guaranteed - they reserve the right to randomly not give it to you, so maybe you have to wait until check in to see?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

See below, now I am wondering if SW's web is messed up. Is anyone at all seeing pre for their future reservations using the mobile web site or app?

Just noticed something else. When I logged in on my companion's account (my wife, I know her password), it does not show the pre for her on the flight that she is my companion for, even though from my account it does show her having pre (and me not). She also has a second reservation that she is not a companion for (not flying with me) and pre is not showing up for her on that one either even though her KTN is entered.

Last edited by nathico; Oct 2, 2017 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Are you referring to flights that you have been issued boarding passes or flights further out?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

flights further out.

The app and mobile web always included a TSA pre indication when viewing future flights while logged in. That is now only showing up for my companion and not me when viewing from my login, and oddly is not showing for my companion when viewing for her log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.