Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Advice/feedback please: Transferring through BWI (Baltimore, MD)

Advice/feedback please: Transferring through BWI (Baltimore, MD)

Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Wingrider
Silver Diner is sounding good.
I give another vote for the Silver Diner. Huge variety of options, fun atmosphere, quick service, and tasty food.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
We just landed at BWI and we are headed for crab cakes says mrs wingrider.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
This has been a great help folks. We are at Obrycki's now and will hit Silver Diner on the way back though in a couple weeks.

Thanks!
Marko123 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed
For a non-dining activity, you can go land side and sit in the observation deck and watch the air traffic and listen to the air traffic controllers. There is a little museum there also.
In all my years going out of BWI I never realized you could also listen to ATC up there. That's pretty cool and I'll have to check that out sometime.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Hard to beat Obrycki's and they will give you a code for WiFi. When I have used it it was pretty good.
Just make sure you go to the right one. They have two locations..one is a bar at the end of A pier. Limited menu. Restaurant is on the B pier. Great food and crabcakes. Sadly, they closed the Baltimore rest. I am glad I can still eat here!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:49 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Originally Posted by Wingrider
Hello again fellow FT'ers,

Following up on my PVD travel ask, I'll be first time flying through BWI with Mrs. Wingrider on Saturday 10/21 around 12:45pm and have almost a 2 hour layover. We are both Clear/PreCheck enabled. I assume we'll stay air-side in the airport.

I am hoping to get some advice or feedback on tips for gates, decent food choices or anything that might be nice to know passing through a new-to-us airport.

Thanks in advance.
BWI food options

My personal favorite is PotBelly sandwich shop (A8 and C9), but there are many good options.

DH and I recently tried PieFive Pizza landside-main near C concourse exit-(I believe it is below the observation gallery-which I've never visited. ). The pizza was made fresh to order and it was very good. There is also another PieFive Pizza airside near B5.

BWI Observation Gallery

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.