Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Airport check-in required."

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

"Airport check-in required."

Tried to check in online at exactly T-24 and am getting this message for myself and my CP holder:
Airport check-in required.
Your itinerary is ineligible for check in online. Please proceed to a Southwest® ticket counter to check in for your flight
Really not looked forward to end of C boarding on a packed flight.

Data for me and my companion were autocompleted, so I don't think it would be Secure Flight issues.

Our flight to ATL has not been cancelled, but the next segment under that flight number to Fla has been cancelled, so I wonder if that could possibly be the problem. Hopefully our flight is not in the process of being cancelled.

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
Tried to check in online at exactly T-24 and am getting this message for myself and my CP holder:
Your itinerary is ineligible for check in online. Please proceed to a Southwest® ticket counter to check in for your flight

Data for me and my companion were autocompleted, so I don't think it would be Secure Flight issues.

Our flight to ATL has not been cancelled, but the next segment under that flight number to Fla has been cancelled, so I wonder if that could possibly be the problem. Hopefully our flight is not in the process of being cancelled.

Any suggestions?
Flight numbers, originating station and ultimate intended destination?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by EWR-6785

Any suggestions?
A few thoughts:

1. Your profile says A-List, so unless you have a Business Select ticket, your check-in time doesn't matter. Your boarding sequence was assigned at T-36. Worst case, you get your normal A-List assignment and you can pay to upgrade your companion to A1-15 at the airport if slots are available. I usually buy my companion (wife) EBCI to avoid all drama.

2. I've received similar errors when I'm a little too quick according to the Southwest clock. Trying again a little later results in an error free check-in.

3. Hopefully, as you fear, your flight is not being cancelled due to weather.

Safe travels.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:19 pm

Please let us know the outcome.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
yes do. i've gotten this in the past 2 times, once when I had a 3 leg (3 planes) trip on the same day (but got still got AL positioning) and of course when oversold. Good luck.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
I got this today at exactly T-24 when I was checking in for BS.

Tried it a second time and i worked, but ended up A2.

First world problems.
steved5480 and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:00 pm

I thought if you were A-List you could board at the end of the A's with family boarding no matter what, am I missing something?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by disalex
I thought if you were A-List you could board at the end of the A's with family boarding no matter what, am I missing something?
1. Yes
2. Not really.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:11 am

I've experienced the same problem, when trying to check in from iPhone. There was no problem, however, when switching over to laptop.

The flight was a nonstop, with no cancellation issues.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:27 pm

Had this problem today as a companion pass traveler. Main traveler checked in with no issue. (A 30) I saw tickets are still for sale, so I cancelled my ticket and repurchased it. *** - It allowed me to checkin with the new confirmation # with no issues. - Spouse got A 30 while I got A 58. - Fortunately this itinerary seems really easy to get a decent position.

*** Of course I could only cancel/re-book since I am a free companion. (As usual) Ticket prices have tripled. So anyone else would be better off paying for an upgraded seat if they cared about boarding position. - Technically I took an unnecessary risk, when my spouse could have most likely saved me a seat with no issue. - Of course there is technically "No saving seats" but how often do you see this followed in practice?

Doubt any of these are related, but as a data point:

1. On my original tickets I input my Precheck information. When re-booking my return ticket, I left secure traveler blank. I am travelling BACK to the US from Cancun,so pre-check is not supposed to do anything for me anyways. My TSA Precheck info did get me expedited security flying out of the US to Cancun. Spouse has Global Entry, and had no issues.

2. A southwest RR number is present on my reservation, and it doesn't let me alter it since it is part of my companion information. - It does NOT seem to match the southwest RR number on my profile when I login. (So is either from an old profile or incorrect all-together?)

3. I did enter my full name including my middle name both times I made the reservation(s).

4. Non-stop flights with no delays currently.

Last edited by startbyservingothers; Jan 11, 2019 at 4:34 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:58 pm

Possible SSSS?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by tearex
Possible SSSS?
That is my guess.

And even if you get SSSS - can someone explain to me how that makes us safer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.