Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canceled Flight, Arriving at Different Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)

Had a flight get canned last night and departure isn't until Friday (BNA). They claim weather (flights before and after aren't canceled, tho).

Having to fly into BOS instead of PVD, now, due to no availability into PVD until late night, and that's over 4 hours past original arrival.

Customer care supervisors said no on any form of compensation for the issue.

Ultimately I'm going to be getting to my destination, but it will require more out of pocket for train tix. Paid with points and tax/fees with gift card so can't file claim with a credit card.

Does this seem fair?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
No. But it is what it is.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:47 pm

I see BNA-PVD availability at 11:25-4:45?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmbolp
I see BNA-PVD availability at 11:25-4:45?
only 1 ticket. i have a companion
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
No...you paid for them to get you to PVD and weather/delays/cancelations are part of the game and written into the contract as to what they are obligated to pay or cover.

If YOU opt for BOS vs waiting for next PVD option, those added costs to make your trip more convenient are on you...not them.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You are not obligated to accept the reroute into BOS. You have the option of waiting for the next availability into PVD.

You could also cut the train fare in half by having the companion take the one seat and then only having to purchase one ticket.

Fairness has nothing to do with this. Just a business transaction between you and WN.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by mrredskin
only 1 ticket. i have a companion
Can't follow if this is for today or Friday but if Friday, do check back often especially within 24 hours to see if it opens up, very likely to do so.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Total 4 hour delay and a cheap train ticket? Seems like an okay outcome for WX during a week when the entire system is pretty jacked up.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshua362
Can't follow if this is for today or Friday but if Friday, do check back often especially within 24 hours to see if it opens up, very likely to do so.
thanks i'll keep an eye out. it's for Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.