Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Boarding Started 45 Minutes Before Departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Started 45 Minutes Before Departure

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by CA1900
Southwest experimented with it in 2006: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5547637

It didn't save any time at all, and the customer feedback was generally negative about the change. They ended up scrapping it and going back with the unassigned seating.
I asked about deplaning times within/among single-aisle fleets.

Full 752's (188) in my experience board and empty faster via the middle door than 738's (175) with only the forward door. And MAX 8's, again with a single forward boarding door, pack in even more. The single-class high-density configuration is a bigger variable than assigned/unassigned seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.