Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Ok so I don't understand why anyone would call southwest and expand to have them "fix" all their future reservations (that don't happen for weeks or months).....
Agree, in part due to "fixed" reservations rumored to be becoming "un-fixed" with some accounts. Through a call and Twitter direct messages, SWA customer service has fixed my 6 remaining flights in August. Still hoping they have an automated solution for the following 22....
Juanefny likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've long been convinced that WN's IT department is 3 developers and zero QA testers in a garage working on a Commodore 64.

Seriously: their website was better about 15 years ago. I can still kind of visualize it... Straightforward, lightweight, simple UX. Didn't seem to catastrophically crash *too* often, unlike today. Of course there was no A-List, but still...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've long been convinced that WN's IT department is 3 developers and zero QA testers in a garage working on a Commodore 64.

Seriously: their website was better about 15 years ago. I can still kind of visualize it... Straightforward, lightweight, simple UX. Didn't seem to catastrophically crash *too* often, unlike today. Of course there was no A-List, but still...
Of course, the website and the "new" reservations system are two distinct entities. But I must agree with you... It took me an hour last night to change a reservation -- and it kept giving me an error. So, I had to cancel and rebook. Maybe the systems are possessed!

I'm not A-List so I haven't been affected by this latest mess... but I hope they will get their act together.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Auditing is much more subjective than most people realize, and whether or not a deficiency is reported is very dependent on the partner, the prestige of the client, the audit fee, and a client's willingness to accept or push back on an opinion.
Absolutely! Then the PCAOB found fault with their audit and made them do it again only making more work for me!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Making WN manually fix this stuff and waste a ton on manpower provides an incentive for them to fix the problem and be careful not to repeat it.
That's a pretty childish attitude, IMO. NOBODY wanted this to happen, but --it DOES happen and working people who had nothing to do with this issue harder doesn't seem at all productive.

But I'll be sure to knock the janitor's cart over onto the platform the next time BART is delayed, though.
Juanefny likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:02 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Just checked in for BWI-ATL tomorrow afternoon, A-List shows on my boarding pass, A-24 boarding position, so it appears to be resolved--I didn't make any phone calls
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Rd3
Just checked in for BWI-ATL tomorrow afternoon, A-List shows on my boarding pass, A-24 boarding position, so it appears to be resolved--I didn't make any phone calls
NOT resolved for existing reservations. I've got 23 of them and none have been fixed. They all still offer EarlyBird.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by formeraa
Of course, the website and the "new" reservations system are two distinct entities. But I must agree with you... It took me an hour last night to change a reservation -- and it kept giving me an error. So, I had to cancel and rebook. Maybe the systems are possessed!

I'm not A-List so I haven't been affected by this latest mess... but I hope they will get their act together.
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking of the new res system: I was just thinking of eons-ago Southwest, which was totally easy to use compared to today's Southwest.

RR1.0 Southwest...
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer
NOT resolved for existing reservations. I've got 23 of them and none have been fixed. They all still offer EarlyBird.
Looks like they are starting to fix existing reservations. Upcoming trip in 2 weeks now shows A-List with no EB option. However, trip in December still shows EB option and no A-list.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

And I was 6 for 6 two days ago with EBCI, now only 2 are offering it
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:35 pm

http://www.cntraveler.com/story/sout...omputer-glitch
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
5 of my 23 reservations are now fixed, with no discernible pattern.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
For those that "just want it fixed" w/o any red tape, etc.:

--www.southwest.com
--Logon to your RR account
--Scroll all of the way down to "Need Help?", click Contact Us
--Under "Email Us" click Send A Message
Assuming you logged-on at the start, your pedigree information and RR data will already be pre-filled.
--Under Nature of Communication, chose "Comment", under Classification, chose "Rapid Rewards".

--Put a short note in the "Enter your comment below" box that you are A/A+ as appropriate and ask that they "re-attach" your status to your future reservations.

I always re-sign my name, RR number and cell number in that dialog box as their internal system sometimes masks your pedigree data in the form from the individuals that are actually dealing with the messages.

A very nice lady called me in less than 24 hours to advise that she had fixed a couple of them and was working on the remainder. They were all corrected in another 2 hours and have "stuck" for 3+ days so far.
Mr. Vker and ssears84 like this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I have a flight to Cancun scheduled for 9.11, and it shows me an option to Add Early Bird Checkin, but when I click on that it says that I am not eligible for it. Are WN international flights different than domestic in that aspect?

Edit, Just checked the Early Bird Screen again and there is an A list icon next to my name, so I'm all good.
steved5480 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by steved5480
For those that "just want it fixed" w/o any red tape, etc.:

--www.southwest.com
--Logon to your RR account
--Scroll all of the way down to "Need Help?", click Contact Us
--Under "Email Us" click Send A Message
Assuming you logged-on at the start, your pedigree information and RR data will already be pre-filled.
--Under Nature of Communication, chose "Comment", under Classification, chose "Rapid Rewards".

--Put a short note in the "Enter your comment below" box that you are A/A+ as appropriate and ask that they "re-attach" your status to your future reservations.

I always re-sign my name, RR number and cell number in that dialog box as their internal system sometimes masks your pedigree data in the form from the individuals that are actually dealing with the messages.

A very nice lady called me in less than 24 hours to advise that she had fixed a couple of them and was working on the remainder. They were all corrected in another 2 hours and have "stuck" for 3+ days so far.
Took your advice. They called me in 30 mins and everything is finally fixed. What surprises me is that the "fix" seemed easy, yet there was no internal communication as to what to do. The person I spoke with last night said that my RR # had to be removed from each reservation and added back to capture A list. The other people I spoke with had no idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.