Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List Preferred status gone from reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by justhere
You don't know that. Presumably A16 went to someone with A+. No reason to think it was someone who bought EBCI.

I get that it's frustrating that for whatever reason your status didn't show on this reservation. Most times A61 is still going to get you a window or aisle. Maybe a little further back but not the worst thing in the world.
​​​​​​
It is not "whatever" reason their status didn't show - it is not showing because of another Southwest IT glitch (Southwest has admitted).

IT glitches happen and I get that (although Southwest seems to have more than others) - what really bugs me about Southwest is the way they handle them - especially with their better customers (A List, A List Prefered).

I must be un lucky - I seem to get caught up in all of their "glitches". The last total system crash when I got stranded in Phoenix - that one was my personal favorite.
drooley and kaller like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:07 am

Check future reservations...

I called in and they were able to add my status back into my reservation for my flight tomorrow.

I was was able to re-fresh/re-print my boarding passes and they are showing my status.

Of of course their is nothing they can do to get me the boarding pass that I should have received had it not been for their "glitch".

One word ore of caution: they said it was fixed only for my reservation tomorrow and that I would need to go through all of my future reservations as those might have had the status disregarded as well.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
........One word ore of caution: they said it was fixed only for my reservation tomorrow and that I would need to go through all of my future reservations as those might have had the status disregarded as well.
Hopefully not..I've got 28 tickets queued-up.....

As I noted to customer service yesterday, in any crisis, especially one impacting your most loyal and valuable customers, a swift and overwhelming response is best. Not feeling that sort of Luv at the moment.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
You don't know that. Presumably A16 went to someone with A+. No reason to think it was someone who bought EBCI......
​​​​​​
Based upon the Southwest Twitter feed and this thread, it is the A-List and A-List Preferred customers (their most loyal and valuable customers) who are impacted. Following Biz Select, the boarding positions are being assigned to EBCI followed by everyone else based upon check-in time.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Just talked to the agent at the gate here and she reissued my BP and the proper status showed up this time. So at least I'll be able to board after the A's.

She also said I'm the 3rd person who came up to her with this issue so now she's curious and will call it in.

Update: The agent gave us printed BP's with A8 and A9 on them for free since it's a known glitch. So that was nice.
drooley and synergistic like this.

Last edited by Marko123; Aug 13, 2017 at 10:55 am Reason: New info
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
@760Devilfan, are you saying we should call Southwest to get A-List reinstated on all existing booked flights? Mr. drooley has a return flight on Wednesday that says 'add EarlyBird Check-In.' So, obviously, A-List is not acknowledged on that ticket.

Interestingly enough, I just rebooked his outbound flight for today to a BS fare and that boarding pass says A-List on it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:01 am

Oh, goodness, I hope they come up with some workaround that *doesn't* require people to have their tickets rebooted to avoid this hassle. Frequent fliers shouldn't have to deal with that! The glitch sucks as it is, of course, but if it requires manual intervention to fix each and every ticket, that's just beyond ridiculous.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:05 am

I'd recommend keeping track of all flights take it during the glitch, as I suspect manual intervention may be needed to ensure the points multipliers are applied.
drooley and synergistic like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: RR & Emerald Club
Its affecting a lot of us

It started for me on Friday and has affected my last four trips and has affected tomorrow too. I saw a number of A+ people get turned away by the gate agent just now at SAT because it was not on BP. I got B31 twice now. The agent on the phone said it was a known issue and a fix is going in.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:53 am

The "glitch" affects all A-List and A-List Preferred members.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:28 pm

This happened to my A list husband a few weeks ago...I am CP, bought EBCI and got a better boarding number. It only happened on one flight...now we see his status is gone from his future trips.

There is a solution. Inform A listers to have their card with them for upcoming travel during this glitch. Have gate agents announce A list boarding after BS (A1-16). While these individuals won't be in an assigned boarding number order...it sure beats boarding at the end of the A group.

For this to work WN must have excellent communication systemwide to it's gate agents. I used to be a flight attendant for another airline and I know there are ways to get urgent updates/information to employees.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by pvan
For this to work WN must have excellent communication systemwide to it's gate agents.
So, no then.

The glitch is in it's second day now, and there are agents who don't even know it's happening.
drooley likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 760Devilfan
It is not "whatever" reason their status didn't show - it is not showing because of another Southwest IT glitch (Southwest has admitted).

IT glitches happen and I get that (although Southwest seems to have more than others) - what really bugs me about Southwest is the way they handle them - especially with their better customers (A List, A List Prefered).

I must be un lucky - I seem to get caught up in all of their "glitches". The last total system crash when I got stranded in Phoenix - that one was my personal favorite.
The "whatever" refers to what caused the glitch. So unless you know what programming or human error, etc, caused the glitch then it is "whatever" reason.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:57 pm

The reason for the glitch doesn't matter. The point is that this is a system-wide issue, not a one-off situation.
LegalTender and drooley like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:20 pm

The "whatever" refers to what caused the glitch. So unless you know what programming or human error, etc, caused the glitch then it is "whatever" reason.
Doesn't really matter what caused the glitch. Southwest screwed up and it is impacting their best customers.

It is frustrating to spend a lot of time and money doing business with a company and then when they can't deliver on what they promise (and they accept that the screw up is their fault) the response you get is - tough luck - you will probably get a window or aisle, not the end of the world.

It is even more insulting when they offer to SELL you a better boarding pass.

So Southwest - you are telling me that your IT system melted down and you can't deliver on a loyalty perk for your best customers, so instead of offering to comp those effected - you would rather try to milk me for an extra $30 bucks?

In the long run, I'd think that comping someone who flies your airline 50+ times a year a better boarding pass would make a lot more sense than trying to get an extra $30 out of someone who might fly your airline twice a year.

Yes - I do these Southwest melt downs to be quite frustrating.
drooley likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.