Change in Southwest Boarding # with CP?

Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PL, Marriott PP, National EE, SPG Plat
Question Change in Southwest Boarding # with CP?

I've been a WN A-List Preferred and Companion Pass holder for 4 years. Every time my Wife has flown on the CP (about 10 round trips this year), she inevitably forgets to check in at the 24 hour mark and ends up with a boarding # of B40 or worse. Now over the years I've always enjoyed waiting until she checks in before I do, so I can say something like "Oh no, i forgot too! Dang, only an A20". Well for our flight today, my Wife forgot to check in at the 24 hour mark and ended up checking in at about the 16 hour mark. To my surprise, she ended up with B14. So I check in right afterwards and to my dismay, I receive B15! In the 4 years I've been A-List preferred, I have never received a spot later than A30 (except of course if i have switched flights within 48 hours). Have they finally changed the boarding # assignment algorithm in regards to Companion Pass Bookings? I can't imagine there were enough A list people on the flight to push me back to B15 and it definitely should have been too late of a check in for my Wife to get B14.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:56 am

Glitch. Sounds like your A-List dropped off the reservation. Most likely you both received the next available numbers. B14/15 is reasonable at t-16, especially if it's a lighter load flight.

Remember that you can board at the end of A.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
That's what you get for teasing her about boarding card numbers.

Seriously though, did you book your reservation under 36 hours before departure? Otherwise it sounds like a glitch. Wouldn't worry too much if it happens once.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:19 am

Probably worth calling to make sure you get the extra points for this flight and that your status didn't drop off of any upcoming reservations.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PL, Marriott PP, National EE, SPG Plat
I booked this trip back in Apr17 and had subsequent bookings that I have already flown without any issues. I went ahead and called into WN to see what was up. The representative was very nice and double checked everything that she could see and was also confused as to why I didn't have a better boarding #. She called their customer service line and after about 10 minutes of hold time, came back and confirmed that something in their system had been glitching.

The representative then said she placed a note on my reservation and to speak with the gate agent when i am at the airport, who will then either let me board right after business select or ask my to pay the $30-$40 upgrade fee for BS. But if the gate agent makes me pay the upgrade fee, she said I could call back into the customer service line and they will issue me a refund. All in all good customer service with a happy ending.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:34 am

The gate rep will most likely tell you to board after the A group per policy, or take your $ for Upgraded Boarding. If you choose the latter, do let us know how the refund request goes.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:39 pm

Lots of people reporting this problem today. Nothing wrong with your account, it's a system problem. Just make sure your BP says A-List and board between A and B group. If BP doesn't show status you can call and get that added, but position won't change.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
I am A+ and just got a C1 boarding position for a flight from LAX to DEN tomorrow. NO indication of my A+ status on my boarding pass, either.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by dlaue
I am A+ and just got a C1 boarding position for a flight from LAX to DEN tomorrow. NO indication of my A+ status on my boarding pass, either.
This may be one of the very few times the A List Priority plastic card might be needed.
ursine1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.