Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does WN have sfo/MKE nonstop in March?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by cpatrick
Southwest had the niche in that they were the *only* non-stop service between MKE and the bay area.
I frequently flew the route for the same reason, although admittedly I almost always flew SFO-MKE and someone else back because the flight was timed exceptionally poorly on the westbound. The flight was usually quite full; wonder if there were yield issues?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
It's kind of an oddball route. It's the only route they serve from SFO that they don't serve from OAK. It wouldn't be surprising if it moved to OAK.
It was inherited from AirTran. AirTran built up a mini scissor hub in MKE and would sell BOS/LGA/DCA-MKE-SEA/SFO/LAX. AirTran would often offer an itinery like LGA-MKE-SFO as the lowest fare visible on kayak and third party sites on last minute purchase. That was an incompatible strategy with Southwest. AirTran did have fewer seats to fill which was another difference. I'm surprised it didn't switch to OAK though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.