FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   RR Visa points posting to account (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1851844-rr-visa-points-posting-account.html)

scott_w Jul 5, 2017 1:08 pm

RR Visa points posting to account

I have had my SW Visa card for many years, and the points from my purchases have always transferred to my RR account within 2 days max. However I am now 7 days out from my last statement closure date and no points. Chase says they transferred them and it may take a while, but it never has in the past. SW says:

"Thank you for contacting us about the credit card issued by our Partner, Chase. Chase promotes, processes, and maintains all credit-card related issues associated with the card—including Customer application approval, cancellation, enrollment offers, promotions and bonus points, service charges, etc. Southwest Airlines, through Rapid Rewards, maintains the points earned from purchases on the credit card only."

Has anyone else had problems in the last month with SW Visa RR points not posting? Seems to me like each side is blaming the other.

nychad10 Jul 5, 2017 1:21 pm

Not exactly the same problem as as yours but i have read in the
Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus & Premier Credit Cards 60K Points w/ $2k Spent in 1st 3-Months forum of a few (2 to date) that have experienced not getting there rewards points after the statement closed. They haven't posted any followup yet..

birdiedouble Jul 5, 2017 2:13 pm

I have a Business and a Premier card. For all the months so far this year, the points posted to my RR account on the 24th and 27th of the month. For this last bill they posted on the 28th and 4th, so it does look like there is a slight delay.

dc2 Jul 5, 2017 2:13 pm

I was just researching this problem for DH's rapid reward account. He received a tier qualifying credit about a week ago, but not the points. (Usually the TQC shows up a few days after the points post).

toomanybooks Jul 5, 2017 2:49 pm

I once looked at this issue for probably 5-6 years of WN points/credits posting from my Chase CC. Never took more than plus-or-minus 2 days unless a holiday or weekend intervened, and then only a max of two extra days.

Never a week. I think something is messed up in your account.

Critterlynn Jul 5, 2017 3:48 pm

Usually at most it takes 2 days, maybe 3 from statement closing date. But one time it took almost two weeks. And those were the points that we're going to get me to companion pass status. Things that make you go hmmm.

gwhitti Jul 5, 2017 11:55 pm

I got a new Chase Visa Plus RR card with the 60k bonus. I spent the required 2k in the first billing cycle. Got the points for the spending but not the bonus yet. The spending for the bonus was just completed 2 days before the statement closing date though and some say the is why the delay. But if that is true when will it post? It has been 2 weeks now, still no 60k bonus.

Critterlynn Jul 6, 2017 1:30 am

Originally Posted by gwhitti (Post 28525193)
I got a new Chase Visa Plus RR card with the 60k bonus. I spent the required 2k in the first billing cycle. Got the points for the spending but not the bonus yet. The spending for the bonus was just completed 2 days before the statement closing date though and some say the is why the delay. But if that is true when will it post? It has been 2 weeks now, still no 60k bonus.

​​​​​​When you cut the required spending close to the end of the statement end date, you will usually have to wait another month.

david2son08 Jul 6, 2017 6:01 am

I noticed a delay of 2 days this billing cycle.

When I contacted Chase, the day I expected the points to post, they said they had sent the information to SWA, and to contact them.

When I contacted SWA RR staff, they indicated the delay was due to the July 4 holiday weekend and to contact them, again, if it didn't post by 7/5. They posted on 7/5.

Panther02 Jul 6, 2017 11:21 am

Originally Posted by scott_w (Post 28523269)
I have had my SW Visa card for many years, and the points from my purchases have always transferred to my RR account within 2 days max. However I am now 7 days out from my last statement closure date and no points. Chase says they transferred them and it may take a while, but it never has in the past.

Has anyone else had problems in the last month with SW Visa RR points not posting? Seems to me like each side is blaming the other.

This occasionally happens and it'll get fixed soon enough. Others with the same closing date will have the same problem. It's a rare problem.

Chase sends a file over to SWA with what points are to post to the accounts. Any errors are fixed and you have your points (this explains the weekend/holiday delays). Sometimes SWA doesn't get a file and then SWA reports to Chase who works to correct it and send over the file that's missing. It's not publicized when a file didn't come over so no CSR with Chase or SWA will know it's missing. Only the partner liaison will know. That's why they say allow up to 30 days for the points to post. This process is for almost all SWA partners.

Panther02 Jul 6, 2017 11:26 am

Originally Posted by dc2 (Post 28523529)
I was just researching this problem for DH's rapid reward account. He received a tier qualifying credit about a week ago, but not the points. (Usually the TQC shows up a few days after the points post).

This is a recent change. He hit the spending mid-cycle so they went ahead and awarded tier points. Points will come as usual after the cycle date.

scott_w Jul 6, 2017 12:28 pm

I did get hold of someone at SW today who said the error is on their end and they are working to fix it.

gwhitti Jul 6, 2017 10:41 pm

Follow up to my post # 7.
Message from Chase:

"I can confirm that the 60,000 bonus points posted and will
reflect on your July 28, 2017 credit card statement as
'Welcome Bonus Points'. Rewards are not available for use
until they appear on the statement. Bonus points will
transfer and post to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
account within 30 days from the statement date."

nychad10 Jul 7, 2017 7:27 am

Originally Posted by gwhitti (Post 28529736)
Follow up to my post # 7.
Message from Chase:

"I can confirm that the 60,000 bonus points posted and will
reflect on your July 28, 2017 credit card statement as
'Welcome Bonus Points'. Rewards are not available for use
until they appear on the statement. Bonus points will
transfer and post to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
account within 30 days from the statement date."

Thanks gwhitti for the follow and DP.
Do you know how close you were to the min. spending? Did you hit it right before the statement closed or have any of it "pending" when it closed?

dc2 Jul 7, 2017 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Panther02 (Post 28527412)
This is a recent change. He hit the spending mid-cycle so they went ahead and awarded tier points. Points will come as usual after the cycle date.

Actually, in this case they awarded his tier points the day after the statement closed.