Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest rules on co-terminals and cancellations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone, I'm a longtime lurker! Finally decided to join.

I'm planning on booking the last flight out of DEN to LGB which departs at 4:30pm, Sunday. It is the last (and only nonstop) flight out to LGB, and I *need* to be back in LA on Monday. Let's say, for some reason, the flight gets canceled, will they transfer me to a flight later that night at no extra cost from DEN to LAX/ONT? There are a few flights that leave DEN for LAX/ONT that Sunday evening.

Considering LGB, LAX and ONT are co-terminals, there shouldn't be any problems right?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
It shouldn't be a problem (if there are seats on those flights). Ask politely.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
No problem. Check before you leave to see which coterminals have flights with plenty of seats available ( by searching for 8 seats).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:38 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FT!

Shouldn't be a problem as long as seats are available. For me it was the opposite - I had a SFO-LAS flight cancelled once and asked and was able to get switched to an OAK-LAS flight at no extra cost, since SFO & OAK are co-terminals too. Seconded on asking politely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.