Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

About flying with Southwest, "saved seats" and sitting in them anyway?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About flying with Southwest, "saved seats" and sitting in them anyway?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by atomicfront
Or you could have just moved back. I don't understand your argument as they shouldn't sit together because they are a family. I get it he should have paid all the fares for his family but if he didn't reserve the seats they would have been taken by someone else anyway. What difference is row 5 and row 10?
Why can't the greedy seat savers sit in the back? Never mind, answered my own question already.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:38 pm
formerly atomicfront

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Why can't the greedy seat savers sit in the back? Never mind, answered my own question already.
What difference does it make what row they sit in? I don't understand your logic. Do you get into altercations with people all the time?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What difference does it make what row they sit in? I don't understand your logic. Do you get into altercations with people all the time?
No I don't get into altercations with people all the time. Where did you get that idea?

I agree that it shouldn't make any difference to the seat savers what row they sit in. Presumably sitting together in the back is better than sitting separately in the front. But the greedy seat savers want to have their cake and eat it too. If they can't be bothered to buy early boarding for more than one person, at least head to the back where seat saving is much easier.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:01 am
formerly atomicfront

No I don't get into altercations with people all the time. Where did you get that idea?

I agree that it shouldn't make any difference to the seat savers what row they sit in. Presumably sitting together in the back is better than sitting separately in the front. But the greedy seat savers want to have their cake and eat it too. If they can't be bothered to buy early boarding for more than one person, at least head to the back where seat saving is much easier.
I just don't get your logic. Why is a seat in the front of the plane better than one in the back? I mean other than airplanes that give you bigger seat space up front. I get the front row and exit row wanting them but for some reason you are stuck on somehow the 4th row is better than the tenth.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just don't get your logic. Why is a seat in the front of the plane better than one in the back? I mean other than airplanes that give you bigger seat space up front. I get the front row and exit row wanting them but for some reason you are stuck on somehow the 4th row is better than the tenth.
Generally speaking, sitting in the front is more preferable because it means you can get off the airplane faster.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:59 pm
formerly atomicfront

Generally speaking, sitting in the front is more preferable because it means you can get off the airplane faster.
You get off a couple of minutes early and then wait 20 minutes for your bags with everyone else.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
You get off a couple of minutes early and then wait 20 minutes for your bags with everyone else.
Some people do not check bags. And some people have tight connections where every minute counts. And sometimes comfortable connections become tight ones with delays.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Position A42 should easily get you choice of seats after row 5, so you would almost get in a fight over a couple rows of seats.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:21 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Putnik
Position A42 should easily get you choice of seats after row 5, so you would almost get in a fight over a couple rows of seats.
Unless those faking to preboard take up the first 10 rows....
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Ahead of the wing is also less prone to turbulence effects.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
Unlikely in this case since the poster said that seat saver boarded early A and got row 3.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill
And when was the last time you were on a WN flight that had 60 preboarders?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by justhere
And when was the last time you were on a WN flight that had 60 preboarders?
I preboard and like window seats so I take the first window with an empty middle. I usually board after the wheelchairs. In hundreds of flights I have only seen this happen a few times and it was a combination of preboard + entourage and through passengers.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I like the front because it make me feel like I am on a smaller plane. Since I only see those in front of me, I tend to think it is just us. Row 5 is my favorite.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:20 am

One time I saw a sports team sit together in the back. The coaches boarded first and went straight to the back saving seats from the back forward.

No one complained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.