Go Back   > > >
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 17, 1:42 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 14
New Southwest International Arrival at LAX

Is it true that all SWA international flights arrive at the Tom Brady and bused to the T1? Also, do international departures occur now at T1 instead of T2?

Trying to figure out flight for Cancun next month at LAX?

Thxs
windrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 17, 8:59 am   #2
  
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,062
It looks like you check in at T1 but the international flights depart from TBIT (Bradley, not Brady ). Not sure where you clear TSA: T1 and airside bus, or go landside to TBIT? The international arrival will be at TBIT, where after customs you can exit to the street or "walk or take Bus A from Tom Bradley International Terminal to Terminal 1 for connections and parking." --Southwest site.
rove312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 17, 10:11 pm   #3
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rove312 View Post
It looks like you check in at T1 but the international flights depart from TBIT (Bradley, not Brady ). Not sure where you clear TSA: T1 and airside bus, or go landside to TBIT? The international arrival will be at TBIT, where after customs you can exit to the street or "walk or take Bus A from Tom Bradley International Terminal to Terminal 1 for connections and parking." --Southwest site.
Thxs... still confusing. Hopefully SWA will have more details later on.
windrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 17, 12:40 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California
Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rove312 View Post
It looks like you check in at T1 but the international flights depart from TBIT (Bradley, not Brady ). Not sure where you clear TSA: T1 and airside bus, or go landside to TBIT? The international arrival will be at TBIT, where after customs you can exit to the street or "walk or take Bus A from Tom Bradley International Terminal to Terminal 1 for connections and parking." --Southwest site.
Non-stop Southwest International flights depart from BOTH T1 and TBIT. So know ahead of time which gate you are departing from (WN appears to be using gates 139 & 141 at TBIT). Yesterday and today SJD bound flights, for example, depart(ed) from each terminal. They ONLY arrive at TBIT, though.

Information on this change has been very poor from both the media and Southwest, itself, with conflicting reports.

There is an airside bus between T1 and TBIT. Completely new security area opened last month at T1, replacing the old area which was up from the now removed escalators, and it's very fast (by the old Southwest check-in area on the right side of T1). After checking luggage, you probably could either go directly to TBIT (where you'd have to clear security) or use the airside bus at T1 (after clearing security at T1).

https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/L...tion%20Map.pdf

Last edited by CalItalian; May 24, 17 at 12:46 pm
CalItalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 17, 2:48 pm   #5
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalItalian View Post
Non-stop Southwest International flights depart from BOTH T1 and TBIT. So know ahead of time which gate you are departing from (WN appears to be using gates 139 & 141 at TBIT). Yesterday and today SJD bound flights, for example, depart(ed) from each terminal. They ONLY arrive at TBIT, though.

Information on this change has been very poor from both the media and Southwest, itself, with conflicting reports.

There is an airside bus between T1 and TBIT. Completely new security area opened last month at T1, replacing the old area which was up from the now removed escalators, and it's very fast (by the old Southwest check-in area on the right side of T1). After checking luggage, you probably could either go directly to TBIT (where you'd have to clear security) or use the airside bus at T1 (after clearing security at T1).

https://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/L...tion%20Map.pdf
Thanks for info CalItalian!
I was checking Flightaware.com and noticed departure gates were from 139-146 gates. So, if I clear security at T1, do they shuttle you earlier to TBIT or shuttle you right before you depart? I want to use the KAL lounge at TBIT before boarding my flight at TBIT.
windrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 17, 3:42 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: ATL
Programs: Delta Plat, EVA Gold
Posts: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Thanks for info CalItalian!
I was checking Flightaware.com and noticed departure gates were from 139-146 gates. So, if I clear security at T1, do they shuttle you earlier to TBIT or shuttle you right before you depart? I want to use the KAL lounge at TBIT before boarding my flight at TBIT.
Cal said 139 and 141, which are "real" gates at TBIT (though out at what might be the residue of the old TBIT concourse).

But you also list some bus gates (I think the even numbers out there are the bus gates). Have no idea if they are really using bus gates, or this is just temporary residue effects of the "musical gates" game most airlines just completed at LAX.

Even so, it is clear they have a "regular" airside shuttle running over to TBIT. So just hop on whenever.

BTW, Cali's point about being able to walk to TBIT groundside is true. But WHY?? TBIT TSA is a zoo.
exwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top