Old May 9, 2017, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Fight on WN plane at BUR

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/natio...421811723.html
Old May 10, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
The news was short on details. Was there an arrest? Did they know each other? What was fight about, etc.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Maybe a Spirit passenger
Old May 10, 2017, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I saw a video of part of it on TV. They said that one guy said something to the other guy (apparently sitting one row behind the first dude) as deplaning started about messing with the seat during the flight. There was also a statement that a FA had tried to get between them to break up the fight.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by reamworks
The news was short on details. Was there an arrest? Did they know each other? What was fight about, etc.
Yes, they know each other. They were fighting with other passengers. It's not acceptable for the behaviors. He should be banned flying for life. He was arrested for assault and battery, too. His bail is set at $50,000.

http://abc7.com/travel/one-arrested-...video/1973528/

This flight just arrived in Burbank from Dallas-Love Field.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:51 pm

Southwest flight 2530 had traveled Sunday from Dallas and was on a short layover at Hollywood Burbank Airport before continuing on to Oakland, California.

As the plane taxied to the gate, a fistfight broke out between two men, Burbank police said. The altercation worsened as fellow passengers tried to get off the plane at the gate, the airline said.
Do airlines actually maintain a 'no fly' list?
Old May 10, 2017, 3:11 pm

It looks like the lady in black with her hair up in a bun was an attendant. What about the lady in a brown jacket? Was she an attendant too? Both appear to have been pushed down by the combatant.

I never read about brawls on Greyhound. Maybe this tells management something?
Old May 10, 2017, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LegalTender

Do airlines actually maintain a 'no fly' list?
Yes. Lots of stories about people who have received airline-specific bans. And absolutely no question about it, the perp in this one should be on it. At a minimum, a lifetime ban from flying Southwest anyway. AFAIK, other airlines don't ban you for being in the news...

The Federal (U.S.) no-fly list is a different animal. I don't think its intent is to cover inflight crime, so I doubt a fight is going to get you onto that list. Although for this passenger, it wouldn't bother me if it did.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Pualani Platinum
HEY !!!!

Those were MY Peanuts !!
Old May 10, 2017, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by pinniped
Yes. Lots of stories about people who have received airline-specific bans. And absolutely no question about it, the perp in this one should be on it. At a minimum, a lifetime ban from flying Southwest anyway. AFAIK, other airlines don't ban you for being in the news...

The Federal (U.S.) no-fly list is a different animal. I don't think its intent is to cover inflight crime, so I doubt a fight is going to get you onto that list. Although for this passenger, it wouldn't bother me if it did.
Yes, you're absolutely right! They should be banned from flying Southwest Airlines for life. They need to be punished. I don't like bad behavior during the flight.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Maybe a Spirit passenger
I was thinking, more likely it was someone from the forum upset because a through passenger nabbed his favorite seat during a stop.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Just so completely unacceptable

Before watching the video I thought this was happening during the offload process in BUR, not after. What could possess someone to launch into such a fit of rage when the bulk of the flying is already done? You've done the hardest part, DAL-BUR. Keep a stiff upper lip and finish the journey.

Any serious discussion of a PAX Bill of Rights needs to include only one item, the required use of an airline-provided straight-jacket.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tvtd
What could possess someone to launch into such a fit of rage when the bulk of the flying is already done?
The one fight I was a witness to on a plane was on disembarking. A father and adult son were mad because the guy in the aisle seat next to the son wouldn't switch with the father, who had the window across the aisle, so that father and son could sit together. It started with the son using both of his hands to push the aisle seat guy into his father who retaliated by throwing punches, with son joining in.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wrp96
The one fight I was a witness to on a plane was on disembarking. A father and adult son were mad because the guy in the aisle seat next to the son wouldn't switch with the father, who had the window across the aisle, so that father and son could sit together. It started with the son using both of his hands to push the aisle seat guy into his father who retaliated by throwing punches, with son joining in.
TBH I don't fly WN and so ask the following question out of complete curiosity. Doesn't WN allow to switch seats when on a continuing flight? Seems to me that situation would have been avoided if the son or father had acted in some kind of human decency.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tvtd
TBH I don't fly WN and so ask the following question out of complete curiosity. Doesn't WN allow to switch seats when on a continuing flight? Seems to me that situation would have been avoided if the son or father had acted in some kind of human decency.
My situation wasn't even on Southwest. It was on an airline with assigned seats in first class no less. So father and son were just being jerks, which is usually part of the reason fights start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.