Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Flying on / after nex gen system cutover day (May 9)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying on / after nex gen system cutover day (May 9)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
My flight this evening is still showing on time, but my companion got a better boarding position than me. She's A-List, I'm Preferred. That's never happened to us before.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
One of the 4 runways (the longest one) closed for construction as it has been most of the winter. Add the tailwinds once they change to a west flow and you'll be lucky if delays <1 hour later in the day. Welcome to LAX.

http://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

FAA Air Traffic Control Command Center Advisory
ATCSCC 023 lax/zla 05/09/2017 CDM Ground Delay Program
element type: Apt
adl time: 1005z
delay assignment mode: Udp
arrivals estimated for: 09/1500z - 09/2059z
cumulative program period: 09/1500z - 09/2059z
program rate: 52/52/55/58/58/60
flt incl: All contiguous us dep
dep scope: (all+canada) zla zau zlc ztl zdc zny zhu zjx zfw zob zdv
zoa zse zbw zma zkc zme zid zab zmp
canadian dep arpts included: Cyhz cyow cyul cyyz cytz cyqb cyeg cyvr
cyyc cyyj cylw
delay assignment table applies to: Zla
maximum delay: 84
average delay: 39
impacting condition: Rwy-taxi / construction
comments: Currently over ocean, expecting west rwys this morning with 12kt tailwind. Zero pop up.
Effective time: 091009 - 092159
signature: 17/05/09 10:10
Old May 9, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by flightfulbird
My flight LAX-->ATL-->JAX is already showing 10 minute delay at 0555 for 0920 departure time (now 0930). Origin of aircraft is LAX, first flight of day for it.

At at least it's a through flight no aircraft change at ATL - otherwise I would be wigged more than I already am right now....
Your aircraft is not an originator - coming in from MCI at 8:53am, about 8 minutes behind schedule. ATC hold...nothing to do with One Res.

Looking at DAL, things look to be going pretty well. Only a handful of delays and they are mostly 10 minutes or so and to destinations like LAX that are frequently delayed.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by TXVP
Starting it off.

Wrong gate posted at DAL this morning. Had to hoof it to other side of terminal. Gate also not on my WN app.
I'm fairly certain those systems have nothing to do with the new reservation system, but I could be wrong.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:08 am

Ah I didn't look at the historical on FlightAware or another -that inbound from KCI was already in air so I saw first flight as LAX - dumb of me !
Thanks 737MAX8 I really appreciate the reassurance that delay is / was ATC and not due to new system.

Maybe only eight-ten minutes delays all day for me - but I don't want to hex us ....
Old May 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

All was fine this morning on OAK->RNO departing at 8:35 AM. General tenor at airport was calm too.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:39 pm

Looks like things are going well so far.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Had a short delay coming out of TPA today because they were having trouble scanning one couple's boarding passes. At first the 2 extra guys who came over to help were going to manually board everyone. They looked quite perplexed for a while. But once they figured out it was just that one couple and their issue was fixed, normal boarding resumed. No idea if this was a cutover issue or unrelated.

It was only a 20-30 min delay but the first round of drinks was free so no complaints here.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
I'll give credit where credit is due. As much as people on here like to bash WN's IT, they did a great job today. I wasn't flying, but I'm sure FT and Twitter and FB would be on fire if they melted down. Southwest didn't. I also just took a look at cancellations on Flightaware. 15 in total, but the majority seem to be LAX related (which I'm assuming have nothing to do with a new system).

Congrats Southwest! I, personally, am looking forward to the new flexibility Amadeus will bring to the airline.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by palmetto86
I'll give credit where credit is due. As much as people on here like to bash WN's IT, they did a great job today. I wasn't flying, but I'm sure FT and Twitter and FB would be on fire if they melted down. Southwest didn't. I also just took a look at cancellations on Flightaware. 15 in total, but the majority seem to be LAX related (which I'm assuming have nothing to do with a new system).

Congrats Southwest! I, personally, am looking forward to the new flexibility Amadeus will bring to the airline.
Agree completely. Flew SNA-OAK today...coulda been any other day IMO. The boarding confirmation screen is different (running list of names vs. individual pax name in large letters on green bg shown previously), but all was smooth.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:52 pm

I'd originally planned to book a couple segment runs for yesterday and today, but real life got in the way - sounds like I should be glad! I was looking forward to BBQ though...
Old May 10, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
I'd originally planned to book a couple segment runs for yesterday and today, but real life got in the way - sounds like I should be glad! I was looking forward to BBQ though...
Why should you be glad? Sounds like things went extremely well.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by 737MAX8
Why should you be glad? Sounds like things went extremely well.
Wow, it was late and I left out the part that made that make sense - I was hoping for a couple bump vouchers along the way, perhaps even get some ORC credit for trips I didn't end up having to take.

Quite proud of WN for an uneventful cutover, though.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by synergistic
Wow, it was late and I left out the part that made that make sense - I was hoping for a couple bump vouchers along the way, perhaps even get some ORC credit for trips I didn't end up having to take.

Quite proud of WN for an uneventful cutover, though.
How do you get ORC on Southwest? Segments / points are awarded by origin /destination pairs, not mileage or stops in between. Am I missing something?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by palmetto86
How do you get ORC on Southwest? Segments / points are awarded by origin /destination pairs, not mileage or stops in between. Am I missing something?
I've actually never done that part, I've always ended up flying what I booked, even when bumped. For my segment runs, I throw together several cheap one way and/or rt flights over a couple of days. I'd imagine (though I'm not sure) that if I took a bump and just cancelled that portion of the trip entirely, they would give me credit for the flight I would have taken if they hadn't needed my seat. Then I'd just hang in whatever city that was until the next day when I was scheduled to leave again anyhow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.